Author Topic: Whose Hair...?  (Read 4119 times)

Offline Lindsey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Whose Hair...?
« on: May 23, 2002, 12:33:13 AM »
Hey everyone! I'd thought I would take the time and post a survey-type question: If you could have anyone's hair on the show, whose would it be and why? If you're a guy, chose one of the actors' hair and if you're a girl, chose an actresses' hair.

As for myself, I would love to have Angelique's hair. It is a very pretty shade of blond and always looks good. Also, I have always loved Maggie's hair as well. My real hair is a dirty-blond and very thick and wavy, which never does anything right. I would LOVE to trade hair with any one of these two girls!  :D

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Whose Hair...?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 12:56:02 AM »
Well, I'm a guy, but I'd love to have Cassandra's hair.

Instead of wearing it, though, I'd keep it on a stand and use it to frighten religious canvasers and others attempting to make a nuisance of themselves around the house.

I wonder whether that hair can shoot quills, like a greasy, shiny black porcupine?

Cackling maniacally,

Gothick

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 01:17:56 AM »
Hmmm - none of the MODS (Men of Dark Shadows) had enviable hair. Barnabas and his weird bangs? No way! Roger Collins? Uh, don't think so. Actually my hair is sort of like Joe's or Quentin's - very wavy/curly  . . . and a big mess. Did any of the guys on this show have thick, straight, nice looking hair? I can't think of any.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 01:38:34 AM »
Did any of the guys on this show have thick, straight, nice looking hair? I can't think of any.

Hmm, Keith Prentice comes to mind.

I always thought Alexandra Moltke and Nancy Barrett had the most gorgeous hair of any of the women.

Gothick, you're so wicked!!!  :-*

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2002, 02:18:33 AM »
Since I am of the female persuasion, this is a toughie. Keep in mind that in real life I have had an almost exact copy of Grayson's current do. (Didn't go over very well, I am currently brunette and a little longer).

I am going to say -----  Daphne! It is tough, really it is. I love Caroline's and Angie's too. I think Vicky's is pretty, but I don't want it. Same with Maggie.

[silly]
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2002, 02:18:57 AM »

Which one of the women had the brightest red hair? I think Roxanne. My natural color is reddish brown, but I like bright red hair. I would love her hair so I don't have to go to the salon every 5 weeks! $$$
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2002, 02:25:40 AM »
I always wanted dark thick hair like Alexandra Moltke's. My hair has always been fine, dishwater blond that I have been accenting with color for years.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2002, 02:47:23 AM »
Although I positively ADORE Daphne's hair, I must say if I could choose anyone's, I'd choose Nancy Barrett's, becaues it can do anything!!!! OMG It curls and it's straight and it's wavy and it's up and it's down and it's short and it's long and it ALWAYS look sooooo perfect!!! Just *not fair*!!! But I wouldn't want 2 b blonde, I'd want dark raven hair like DAPHNE  ;D  ;)
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2002, 02:52:40 AM »
When I was in my 20's my hair was very much like Alexandra Moltke's...thick, very dark, long and wavy. I thought of it as my best feature.

By the time I was 35 my hair was almost completely white and I wear it short.  

Don't ask me why, but I get more compliments on THIS than I ever got when it was like THAT....???!!! ?!?

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2002, 03:22:52 AM »
I like Alexandra Molke's hair.  Mine is brown like hers(salt and pepper now) but not as thick in texture. :)
MM

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2002, 03:46:20 AM »
Alexandra Moltke's.  It looked gorgeous.  There were others with nice hair, but I liked hers the best.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2002, 08:43:19 AM »
Hmmm - none of the MODS (Men of Dark Shadows)  Did any of the guys on this show have thick, straight, nice looking hair? I can't think of any.

hmmm. How about Aristede? Now that was some head of hair! [kaiokn]          Seriously though, I always thought most of the guys on DS had a pretty nice head of hair, Jerry Lacy, Keith Prentice, Joel Crothers,Geoffrey Scott, David Selby, and Humbert Allen Astredo just to name a few.

As for the women:  My own hair is very long and black and I've always loved black hair, so I guess I would have to say Vicky. Although I really love Angelique's hair (1795) with those beautiful blonde curls, but not for me though. Carolyn also had lovely long hair, and I really adored little Sarah's very long hair too! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2002, 09:22:01 AM »
I don't know if I'd want it for myself, but I always love Nancy Barrett's hair.  Even when she just has it straight, as she sometimes does as Carolyn, it just seems so shiny and silky and glowing!  Then it's in all sorts of interesting styles as she plays the various characters, and most of them are wonderful.  There have been lots of scenes where I've just loved looking at it.
Josette

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2002, 02:19:06 PM »
Nancy Barrett.  I had hair like that when I was younger.   Now my hair is short, still blonde (thanks to Clairol).  But, her hair was beautiful.  She could do anything with it.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2002, 02:47:22 PM »
I like Alexandra's hair too the best! 8)
Nancy's was nice but i never wanted to be a blonde. :o

jennifer
Steve i'm with you Cassandra needed one of those
Raquel wigs Hers was so BAD!! :o :o
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV