Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0724  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Re: Discuss - Ep #0724
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 02:24:29 AM »
Sorry, I was continuing the LOST joke about Hurley's numbers with another LOST reference.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 04:40:52 AM »
What was with all the fog and mist inside the Old House?  For a moment, I thought the place was on fire.  Did they have a dry-ice machine malfunction on the set that day or something?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 11:53:08 AM »
I noticed the mist in the Old House, too, Roland. I think it was a blooper - a carryover from the mist that was in the graveyard. [signerror] You may be right about the dry-ice machine malfunction, though. Seems logical to me.

Ooh! I loved the last scene! [luv] It's one of my favorites! It was so dramatic to hear the long version of my favorite background music, while Quentin was crawling on the ground towards his grave! It gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. I watched it over again a couple of times. This was DS at its best! [clap2] Dooo, dooo, dooo, dooo... dooo, dooo, dooo, doooo... dum, dum, dummmmm! Ooooh!  [cheer]

I enjoy the Zombie storyline, also. Whenever I watch it, I'm always surprised at how short it was. Even though it was very creepy, I loved seeing Quentin's gorgeous blue eyes. They really looked blue!  [cheesyb] I noticed him blink, too, but it was very subtle.

It was wonderful to see just how much Magda and Sandor loved each other in this episode. [love8] Magda was genuinely worried about him when he chased after Zombie Quentin to rescue Rachel. Their banter was refreshing; many couples show affection for each other in that way. Sandor was worried about Magda's safety, as well, when he told her not to argue with Barnabas for fear that Barnabas would bite her, too. 

It struck me as amusing when Barnabas closed his coffin and saw Zombie Quentin sitting there. [ghost_cheesy] I'm amazed that Angelique "let" Barnabas, Magda, and Sandor try to get Quentin's spirit back into his body. I guess she knew that Barnabas would fail. 

I was impressed by Magda and Sandor's both crossing their chests when they heard about Zombie Quentin. Even though they were involved in voodoo and black magic, and were greedy, they were still God-fearing people.  [angel12]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 01:12:18 PM »
I just saw that great scene again. Although it's hard to duplicate here, I think the music actually went something like this:  Ba, da, bum, bum... te... da, da, da, da... ba, da, bum... da, da, da, da... ba, da, bum... da, dum, da... bum, bum, baaaa! Love those drums, strings, and horns! Gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes! I also love that extreme closeup of Quentin crawling on the ground! [cheer] [clap2] (Sorry for the repetition, but I had to try again to get it right. It's hard to write musical notes and sounds with words.)

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 04:31:15 AM »
Count me in as another fan of the zombie plot. David Selby does a great job playing menacing, whether as a ghost or a
zombie.

I think Barnabas was right when he said Angelique sent Quentin down there to let him know her powers were greater than his...of course you'd think Barnabas would know this by now. He strangled her in 1795 and she came back. She lured Josette to her death on Widows' Hill and Barnabas was unable to stop it. He tried to get rid of her as Cassandra in 1968 by having Sam Evans age her portrait and she managed to get it back and return to normal. And on and on and on...

I liked seeing the tender side of Magda and Sandor's relationship. I think they had the most realistic relationship on the show, aside from Joe and Maggie. They bicker and fight, but they also show genuine affection as any real life married couple do.

I also don't see Jeremiah as the type who was into the occult. Didn't he once tell Vicki he was a realist?