Author Topic: The Futon Critic Speculates...  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re:The Futon Critic Speculates...
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2004, 01:17:15 AM »
"... The network has announced plans for up to 6 Angel TV movies for next season, possibly to hedge their bets should Dark Shadows not prove to be the success the network hopes it will be. ..."

If this is true it certainly sounds like the WB is already preparing to go ahead with a DS series.

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2004, 06:18:26 AM »
Mary I agree with MB  that it is impossible to predict which pilots the WB will place on its fall schedule. This Battaglio writer is just one critic out of the hundreds out there. In my opinion this critic simply played it safe and picked a show that would not be considered a controversial one. I do believe that the WB will add DS to its fall schedule.

Thank you MB and Jimbo!  Hope you're right! :D

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2004, 12:14:44 AM »
If this is true it certainly sounds like the WB is already preparing to go ahead with a DS series.

But it doesn't appear to be true - at least not as of these rumors and reports. Not only haven't there been any reports of such a deal in the trades, but during this week's chat Kristin (of E! Online's Watch With Kristin) mentioned that "nothing has been decided" - and being the huge Angel fan that she is, she's been moving heaven and earth to report any good news about a possible future for the show.