Author Topic: Spotting A DS Day Player in a Classic Film  (Read 618 times)

David

Spotting A DS Day Player in a Classic Film
« on: August 21, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »
I went to the Landmark Castro Theatre here in SF last night.
I sat through a packed, lively screening of the camp classic Valley of the Dolls (Sparkle, Neely! Sparkle!)

A very handsome Robert Viharo, who fought with Joe over Carolyn in DS episode #2, appeared as the Broadway theatre director who fired Neely (Patty Duke) as the request of diva Helen Lawson (Susan Hayward)

Viharo sure was good looking!

David

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Spotting A DS Day Player in a Classic Film
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 06:05:39 PM »
For those who may have missed it, the article linked to in this topic mentions Viharo's appearance in VOTD and many of his other film and TV appearances (including DS):
Go Daddy-o

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Spotting A DS Day Player in a Classic Film
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:38:28 PM »
Good catch! FMC frequently airs "Race with the Devil" with our Lara Parker. You can see John Karlen in several televison venues; All in the Family, Rockford Files, The Waltons, and of course, Cagney & Lacey. Old Man Selby has appeared in several televison shows and major motion pictures. Kathryn Leigh Scott did a Star Trek Next Gen episode. These actors are all over the place and they shine. Gotta love em.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.