Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1025  (Read 1004 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1025
« on: June 18, 2010, 11:58:14 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1025
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 01:10:29 AM »
At least we're getting the Rebecca window scene out of the way.   I always remember this as Hoffman egging Maggie on to jump from the master bedroom window.  Is a jump from the second story fatal?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 01:17:26 AM »
I always remember this as Hoffman egging Maggie on to jump from the master bedroom window.

That's probably because you're confusing what DS does with how things play out in Rebecca. But this is one of the many instances where things are very different on DS...

I love the way it's done with "Alexis'" face superimposed on Angelique's portrait.

Is a jump from the second story fatal?

I can be. It all depends on what someone lands on.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 10:34:46 PM »
It's strange how people continue to hang around Angelique's room, even though it's now known to be a portal to parallel time.  I suppose it's an indication of how strong Angelique's influence was, but you'd think that Hoffman would want to get Angelique's portrait to someplace safe.

Why didn't Elizabeth come talk to Maggie?  Is it that she was too ashamed of having promoted the costume party?

I find it hard to believe that Maggie would be so devastated at losing Quentin.  Maybe I should go back and re-read Rebecca.  It seems to me Quentin has behaved like a jerk.  I understand that there are deep dark things going on inside of him - but from Maggie's point of view, I'm thinking she should have gotten fed up by now.  It is possible for one to know that somebody's bad behavior comes from deep emotional pain and for one to decide that the someone still ought to behave better.

What a helpful ally Angelique has in Roger!  I'm trying to disentangle why exactly he is so mean to Maggie - other than native meanness, of course - but I have a headache from badly-executed gardening, so it's beyond me at the moment.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 02:05:26 AM »
Maggie loves Q because of things we never saw, before they came to Collinwood.   Apparently Q is now so unlike himself as he was then that Maggie can't judge or break with him.   

Roger's mean to Maggie 'cause he's mean in general, and especially because he's obsessively loyal (or something) to Angelique.   

Hope you're getting relief... maybe you got dehydrated out there.   Lots of fruit juice did wonders for me and my head, the last two days.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 09:26:35 AM »
Thanks, Magnus.  It wasn't dehydration, it was me twisting around in ways that my back didn't like.  The results, however, are beautiful, and will please me long after I've forgotten what I went through to get them.

As for Maggie, something I was thinking about, but too bleary-headed to put together, is that Buffie’s memory of Maggie as a child is different from the Maggie I'm seeing.  I can't remember Buffie’s exact words from when she was talking to Cyrus, but the idea was that Maggie came across as taking it for granted that good things would happen to her.  I don't see that in Maggie.  Is it that Buffie completely misread Maggie because of her own feelings of unentitlement?  Or was that feeling there in Maggie, until she surrendered her self-worth to Quentin?  Or am I just being blind?

And as for Roger, it's the “(or something)” that I'm trying to figure out.  I think I've got to wait for more information.  If I remember correctly, the more information that we get will not be completely satisfying to me, but at least it will be more.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 01:10:34 AM »
5/29/70

That is a great picture of David Selby by the bed but then again most pictures are to me! ;)
Roger is a total trifling bastard but so much fun!

There seems to be some noise during KLS and LP’s first scene.  Oh what a nice terrace—that I don’t recall seeing in another storyline?  We probably have someone remind me please!

How is she going to host of the party again  when everyone thinks or knows she is dead!  Perhaps she would say it was a mistake or something!   It seems if the piano in the PT room comes and goes.  I am still wondering how the PT room was created?? 

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 08:54:39 AM »
I am still wondering how the PT room was created??
Maybe Tim Stokes did it without knowing it while he was working on something else.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 03:12:19 AM »
He must have been drunk when he made it.