Author Topic: Gerard Stiles' zombies  (Read 992 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Gerard Stiles' zombies
« on: April 15, 2007, 10:07:46 PM »
How did they manage to have flesh fully intact on their bones after 130 years in the grave?
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: Gerard Stiles' zombies
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:36:57 PM »
Magic? :D

Seriously, maybe Judah's magic enabled them to reanimate so that they could do damage that needed to be done. It's not too far fetched, really.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »
Magic?

That is exactly what I was going to post.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 12:26:33 AM »
Are we susposed to suspend belief.  I don't know how they would have done the skeletons fighting the Dynamic Duo, and I don't mean Batman and Robin.  ::)

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 03:15:29 AM »
I watched that episode just a few days ago , and i have to say it 's one of my favorite scenes from the entire series . [spoiler]Collinwood overrun by zombies , Barnabas overwhelmed by them , and at the last minute Julia escapes thru time via the staircase that appears at the last minute ...it's one of the most dramatic scenes in the series , the family in the middle of complete distruction as B&J have failed to stop the horrors of 1995 to come about , the surprise of Julia escaping without Barnabas ...[/spoiler]there are so many things to love about that scene :)
I can suspend disbelief a little that the zombies were obviously just regular people with face paint . The scene really fires my imagination , and that beats top notch special effects any day !

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 09:41:36 AM »
The zombies were great, except that one threw a towel onto the other's head, and the 2nd had to try to take a towel off his head in a zombie-like fashion.    Then the visible tarp came down and dumped debris.    One had his eye dangling... they made an attempt at that, anyway.    No coffins?

Wasn't it silent through a lot of this, partly at least?   No music helped.    It seemed more real.

I wonder what the zombies tried to do to Barnabas after they pulled him away?    Interesting that it's taken for granted that they couldn't really harm him, with his being a vampire, and that this didn't need to be discussed.    Julia wonders when or how he'll follow her to 1840, not whether he's alright.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor