Author Topic: when do you "watch"?  (Read 1395 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
when do you "watch"?
« on: October 09, 2004, 04:08:47 AM »
does anyone have any d.s. "viewing rituals"?
i like to watch it during the weekend.i get one or two (vid)volumes a month and watch the whole thing like it's a movie.even if the mail delivers it on monday i'll "save it" for a little treat over the weekend.during the week i'm too busy to really "take-it-all-in" and enjoy it. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re: when do you "watch"?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 04:28:52 AM »
I watch while I work out, and my "rule" is that, during the week, I can watch only when I am working out. Some days I spend a little bit longer on the stepper if I want to watch another episode. Because of the 1897 DVDs, I'm probably in better shape than I have been in a long time.

How sad is that?   ::)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 04:41:45 AM »
I used to watch with my husband-then fiancee-pretty much every day for about 2 hours when he came home from work.  But he was so tired from working and the storylines we were watching moved so slow that he would fall asleep 30 minutes into it.  Now that we aren't planning a wedding and he's been to a fest, I'm hoping he'll stay awake long enough to get thru 1795 ;)
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 11:16:14 AM »
I watch mine during the day when I'm by myself.  My husbands at work, and my daughter's at college.  But...I have to get my housework done.  Then I get a glass of iced tea, and enjoy an hour with Barnabas. ;D
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Angelina

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 02:15:27 PM »
I watch one or two DVD episodes around 10 or 10:30pm before I go to bed.   I watch about 2 - 4 nights a week.  

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 02:32:12 AM »
Nowadays...On the weekends. Often while I'm baking, interestingly enough (traditional and...experimental recipes alike ;)). Yeah - typical Gemini - always trying to do multiple things at the same time. Chuckle.   :P   ;D

Fresh-baked cookie, coffee anyone?  ;)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 01:13:53 PM »
Because of the 1897 DVDs, I'm probably in better shape than I have been in a long time.

How sad is that?   ::)

I think it sounds brilliant! The DS Rewards Exercise Program. I think that might even work for me.  ;)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 08:06:08 AM »
I watch DS at night all the time.  We have an inlaw set up downstairs so I watch it there with my Parents. They both love the show!

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 03:44:01 AM »
i work nights, so i try to space my day to watch at least one episode a day during 3-4 pm......currently going thru collector series on vhs.......
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.