Author Topic: Bob Dylan mentions DS! (Showtime documentary)  (Read 663 times)

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Bob Dylan mentions DS! (Showtime documentary)
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:39:43 PM »
Hey folks, I was watching a Showtime documentary last night, Lost Songs: The Basement Tapes Continued.  It's a film about how several musicians recently wrote music to some long-lost Bob Dylan lyrics and recorded an album that just came out called Lost On The River: The New Basement Tapes.  The film features some voiceovers by Dylan, who described recording his famous Basement Tapes in the late 60's.  He was talking about how he just wrote songs about whatever he happened to hear about, whether on the news or on TV, and said something like, "If there was something on TV, like As The World Turns, or Dark Shadows, we might write a song about it."   [hall2_smiley]

I don't know enough about The Basement Tapes to know which song(s) might've been influenced by DS, but I was tickled that he considered it a source of inspiration!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Bob Dylan mentions DS! (Showtime documentary)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:14:35 PM »
Oh, that's great.  Thanks, Bob.  Now someone identify a DS song of Bob's...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor