Author Topic: Does The WB Think DS Has "Vast Potential"?  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:Does The WB Think DS Has "Vast Potential"?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2004, 03:18:55 PM »
 ::) Hmmmmm  Point well taken. I suppose I don't watch enough TV to notice the changes. Could also be that I stubbornly cling to a few channels that I enjoy and really don't  watch many others.
                                            Misty, who never saw "Angel or Buffy".
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2004, 10:44:19 PM »
i never watch the wb, but it doesn't seem like they have alot of big "hits".i think if the show is good and they stick with it it could be very successful for them.i believe the pilot has completed filming.has anyone heard anything good/bad?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2004, 10:59:07 PM »
i believe the pilot has completed filming.has anyone heard anything good/bad?

mscbryk,

Follow this link and read through to the [current] end of the topic:
WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT, p. 31

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2004, 01:47:19 AM »
I have to shamefully admit, vampire-lover that I am, that I have never seen a single episode, or even a part of one, of Angel.  As for Buffy, I've only seen one episode from the entire series and it looked absolutely enjoyable, yet I never watched another episode again.  Why?  Eh, who knows.

Darling Gerard...I too haven't seen Angel.

And, it's only since Buffy's been off prime time and on FX reruns that I've been watching it. (Wish I knew why I didn't want to watch when on prime time??? I'm thoroughly enjoying it now.)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2004, 03:01:41 PM »
I'm a big fan of Buffy and Angel, and of course you know how I feel about Dark Shadows!  Have to say I'm surprised there isn't a total overlap in the shows' fanbase - for those of you who haven't seen either of the 'Buffyverse' shows, give them a chance in syndication - they're really quite good, some of the best things that have ever been on television, IMO.

That being said, it's encouraging to hear from Kristin Veitch (of E! Online) that the WB suits think DS has "vast potential."  But it's also frustrating to learn that so many Angel fans are blaming DS for their show's cancellation.  I mean come on!  Even if it is true that Angel is being cancelled to make room for new shows, of which DS might be one, ultimately it's the network execs who are to blame for cancelling the show, yes?

My big worry is that the overcaffeinated Angel fans will start some kind "boycott Dark Shadows" campaign that will ruin the show's chances, should it make it on the fall lineup.  Maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but they're a pretty motivated (and persistent) group.  Wish I knew what to do to encourage those folks to give DS a try.  If the new show is anywhere near as fun and inventive as the original, it'd be right up their alley.  Maybe it's time to send another nice email to Kristin...
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.