Author Topic: OT: Feedback Needed (thanks)  (Read 590 times)

David

OT: Feedback Needed (thanks)
« on: March 14, 2011, 04:04:15 AM »
I and two friends are about to embark on a controversial video project. I posted a note about it on my Facebook page today, where I got 7 thumbs up & a few supportive comments, but I also got a few emails from people expressing shock at the project.
Please read the note if you can & tell me what you think.
Thanks, friends:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=209233705757376

David

Re: OT: Feedback Needed (thanks)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 05:42:09 AM »
Mods: I didn't realize that the link to my Facebook note wouldn't work thru this site. If you could delete the original post I'll transcribe the text of the note in a few days,
thanks.
And sorry for the trouble.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:01:48 PM »
The link works fine for your Fb friends.  Those who are not will hopefully add your page and leave comments; here's the intro:

"Next month I, with the help of several friends, will be shooting a short video called Hate is Not a Gay Right.

Done in the format of a public service announcement, the video will feature real lgbt people, all sharing details of how they've been treated at the hands of gay activists."

David

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »
I tried to set it so that everyone could read it, but that didn't seem to work--and thanks for the Like, Midnite.
I'll transcribe the whole thing over the weekend.

For now: we're making the video because the gay rights movement has been hijacked by cyber bullies who target the gay and the anti-gay alike. They consider libelous smear campaigns to be protected free speech, and they claim that being gay justifies this conduct.

We're going to give a platform to the lgbt victims of this abuse.