Author Topic: DS Art Gallery  (Read 4235 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: DS Art Gallery
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 01:59:06 AM »
Wow! I'm sincerely flattered! I had always wondered what it would be like to draw Petofi, I'll take a crack at it. As for Barnabas I already have an idea.  ;D

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 03:49:57 AM »
Oh, arashi, your drawings are amazing.  The Quentin and Beth pic is my absolute favorite.

Agreed. Really quite nice, arashi!  [thumbright]

Offline simonmagus

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »
Ok it's July 2nd. Simon Magus here. Back to bug and beg once again for more DS art.

Now how many members are on this site exactly? I refuse to believe that only Arashi has any talent out there.

Now get busy with your pencils, pens and paintbrushes people!!

I bet if I had a contest with cash reward there would be so many entries it would crash my site.

Oh reguarding the post where I asked Heather to post her Frid art. She politely refused my offer and said that she had to reserve it for her portfolio. (Naturally she assumed I was bright enough to understand what her portfolio was or why she could post it here but not on my site? Neither of which I understand but can take "No" for an answer. So she is off the hook. Sort of; I did ask her if she would do some art strictly for my site though. Because I am just that pushy!!)

Also off the hook is Midnite who I asked to post her fabulous Quentin/Werewolf morphing image in an album on my site and she informed me she was way too busy moderating this site to do so.

(Sighs...rubs face) So no hard feelings to either of these two...no....none at all...(sniffs) It doesn't bother me in the least to come here day after day and see the Frid or werewolf staring me in the face. MOCKING ME!!! Saying to the world look what I can do and you are waaaay to stupid to ever be able to do!!  How dare you to even ask us to post our art on you insignificant little site you stupid little worm!! Oh why me Lord!! Forgive these two for ripping out my heart and spitting in my face this way!! For grinding me into the dirt and for cybernetically kicking me in the groin like this!!

(Ok wait. I just took my medicine so I think I will be ok now.)

So who is next to post on my art gallery!! Come on! You know you want to!

Don't make me come to your houses!!

DS 4ever from Simon Magus

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 04:22:04 PM »
I'm having difficulty getting a scanner, so if I knew I could physically mail something to you, that could help.   Other impediments are of course my eye disorder, worsening daily, and the lack of detailed, good DS photos.    I want to do a Marie Wallace, at least.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline simonmagus

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 08:25:14 PM »
Alright!!! Another brave soul has at least pledged some future artwork.

I knew if I begged and pleaded enough someone out there would take pity on me.

Excellent suggestion you made by the way.

Ok if any of you have artistic talent but no scanner you can mail me your art along with the name you wish it to be posted under and I will get it on the site. I don't have a scanner myself currently but I do have a friend who does and I plan to be getting one soon.

Ok mail any artwork to...

Simon Magus, P.O. Box 7673, St. Petersburg, Fl. 33734

Thanks again

Offline simonmagus

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 12:21:04 PM »
Greetings DS fans,
     Just to update you, on this site we have had 213 views of this post and presumably the artwork. On the Svi Fi DS forum I had 119 views so far and on the World of Fantasy DS site another 30 views making the grand total of DS fans who viewed 362.

Not bad. But still only one new artist and another who pledged some art in the future.

So here is hoping some of you will step forward and pledge a future contribution at least.

The url once again is...
http://groups.msn.com/TheDarkShadowsofSimonMagus

Or mail me your art and I will get it on the gallery at Simon Magus, P.O. Box 7673, St. Petersburg, Fl. 33734

Ok thanks again

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 02:31:40 PM »
Thanks for the address, SM.   Would I have to roll it up and send it in a tube for it to fit in the box?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline simonmagus

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »
Nope. Anything too large for my po box they leave me a key to the numbered larger boxes .

Thanks for asking that. In case others thought the same thing. So if anyone wanted to paint a portrait on canvas they could mail it in an envelope and I would still get it.

Offline simonmagus

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2007, 12:10:39 PM »
Hey Everybody! I just discovered that my site in now listed in Wikipedia!! I couldn't believe my eyes but there it is!

Just type in Dark Shadows wikipedia and at the very bottom is a list of external links and you will see "The Dark Shadows of Simon Magus"

Man! I feel like I made the big time. Well if that doesn't increase my memebership I give up.

Just had to tell someone!