Author Topic: DARK SHADOWS TRIBUTE SERIES  (Read 4537 times)

Offline Cousin Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • DARK SHADOWS FOREVER!
    • View Profile
DARK SHADOWS TRIBUTE SERIES
« on: September 17, 2006, 02:40:18 AM »
Greetings all
I am new to the Dark Shadows Forum so let me introduce myself.
I have been a fan of DS since it was on ABC way back when. My high school was 3 blocks away from where the show was taped and I was "one of them" as Lara Parker once put it......one of the many kids who cut school and hung out in front of the studio to meet the actors, get autographs and sometimes even be given old scripts of the show. Many years later I was involved with a fanzine called "THE PARALLEL TIMES" in which I wrote and drew a DS comic which ran for about 4 years. During that time all of us at PARALLEL TIMES began planning a convention with the help of Jonathan Frid. Every few weeks we would all gather at Jonathan's apartment in NYC and make plans for the convention. So in 1986 we had the FIRST DS convention called "MANHATTAN SHADOWS".

Well thats the past.....now for the future I am planning to produce a DS "webisode" series. This is something that is being done with STAR TREK right now. The webisodes are free to download and they are continuing the original STAR TREK as if there had been a fourth season. They are doing a great job.  Here is the link for those interested in looking......   http://newvoyages.com/

Anyway I figured that this would be a great idea for DS and I am just about ready to begin filming but I have one thing stopping me right now ...... I NEED THE SOUNDTRACK CDS!!!!!!   MPI is no longer selling them and I can't find them anywhere. So here is where I need some help. If anyone who reads this has or knows someone who has all of the DS Soundtracks I will gladly provide you with the CDS needed to burn me a copy of them. If anyone can help please let me know and we can make arraingments.
^v^  ^v^   ^v^ ^v^

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Re: DARK SHADOWS TRIBUTE SERIES
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 03:25:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum, BarnabasLives!

Nancy

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Cousin Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • DARK SHADOWS FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 04:45:16 AM »
Hello and thaks for the welcome.
Thank you also for the amazon link, however I have that CD I also have the Vinyl record of it. What I am looking for are the soundtracks labeled  VOL 2   VOL 3 and VOL 4.  These 3 cds have all the music from the show without narration like the first album has.
^v^  ^v^   ^v^ ^v^

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 07:10:28 AM »
Welcome, Barnabaslives!!!  That sounds like a wonderful project.  Good luck with it. :)
Josette

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 02:43:35 PM »

Sounds great!  Looking forward to it!
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 05:34:48 PM »
Welcome BARNABASLIVES.  I would have loved to have been 'one of them'.  But I lived in PA right outside of Philly, so....

Am looking forward to see it.  Again, welcome.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 06:23:07 PM »
Welcome, BARNABASLIVES, and best of luck with your project!

Offline Cousin Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • DARK SHADOWS FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 05:18:08 AM »
I want to thank all of my cousins for their warm welcome :D
^v^  ^v^   ^v^ ^v^

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 04:22:59 PM »
A very warm welcome to you, BarnabasLives!  :)

What a neat project to undertake! Please keep us updated on it, Okay?  8)

And again, welcome!
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »
Not to be a party-pooper again, but you had better check out the copyright laws.  I believe that Robert Cobert is alive and well.  From what I understand, he is very protective of his intellecutal property.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline Cousin Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • DARK SHADOWS FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 03:21:26 AM »
By stating that this is a tribute series and giving the proper acknowlegment to all of those who created DS AND not making any profit off of it the project is not in danger of having legal action being taken. So instead of being a party pooper I invite you to look forward to a new chapter of Dark Shadows.

here are 2 pages from my comic series which will be adapted to the tribute webisode
^v^  ^v^   ^v^ ^v^

Offline Cousin Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • DARK SHADOWS FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 03:23:53 AM »
This is a copy of Barnabas' portrait that I painted
^v^  ^v^   ^v^ ^v^

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 03:35:40 AM »
Very nice work.  [thumb]

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 03:37:16 AM »
No one is a party pooper by suggesting you maybe check out some things first and not have to worry about it later.  That's watching out for you.  In regards to what you state below, please note how your belief falls under copyright "myths" many people believe. Just be aware is all anyone is saying and it's being said because there is an interest in seeing your work, that's all.  Your artwork is marvelous.

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

1.  Copyright is still violated whether you charged money or not, only damages are affected by that.
2.  Postings to the net are not granted to the public domain, and don't grant you any permission to do further copying except perhaps the sort of copying the poster might have expected in the ordinary flow of the net.
3.  Fair use is a complex doctrine meant to allow certain valuable social purposes. Ask yourself why you are republishing what you are posting and why you couldn't have just rewritten it in your own words.
4.  Copyright is not lost because you don't defend it; that's a concept from trademark law. The ownership of names is also from trademark law, so don't say somebody has a name copyrighted.
5.  Fan fiction and other work derived from copyrighted works is a copyright violation.
6.  Copyright law is mostly civil law where the special rights of criminal defendants you hear so much about don't apply. Watch out, however, as new laws are moving copyright violation into the criminal realm.
7.  Don't rationalize that you are helping the copyright holder; often it's not that hard to ask permission.
8.  Posting E-mail is technically a violation, but revealing facts from E-mail you got isn't, and for almost all typical E-mail, nobody could wring any damages from you for posting it. The law doesn't do much to protect works with no commercial value.

By stating that this is a tribute series and giving the proper acknowlegment to all of those who created DS AND not making any profit off of it the project is not in danger of having legal action being taken. So instead of being a party pooper I invite you to look forward to a new chapter of Dark Shadows.(IMG)
 (IMG)
here are 2 pages from my comic series which will be adapted to the tribute webisode