Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1056  (Read 854 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1056
« on: March 19, 2016, 02:14:02 AM »
Robservations #1056

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1056

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 02:59:18 AM »
Maggie, robot murderer.  I only just met Claude North, and already I'm glad he's being jilted.  Oh, turns out he's been hypnotizing Roxanne into liking him.  That explains everything.  I think he'd have needed to do that to the fans to get them to raise him to heart-throb status.

Q hated Ang.  And Rebecca is complete.  We all knew it, only Maggie didn't.  Now the search for Julia, where a methodical approach would have done it I would think.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:43:14 PM »
The main villain  player in the drama is dead so it should be a curtain call, but no Roxanne wants to,stay to tell Barnabas it feels as if she's known him all her life. Talk about instant love.
Meanwhile the lovebirds whom we have been following declare they will start again and all the misunderstanding is cleared up. The great build up off Claude comes to a whimpering end as he is dead.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 02:59:21 PM »
It's kind of hard not to agree with Inspector Hamilton. The story is preposterous
Nice job cross cutting between Quentin/Maggie, Barnabas/Angelique and Claude/Roxanne. Sometimes DS really makes you forget it's low budget.
Big reconciliation between Maggie and Quentin. Quentin reveals that he hated Angelique with a passion. Once again, this doesn't completely jive with what had been established before. Even if the love letters that Maggie found weren't genuine, it seems to me that someone would have picked up on Quentin's true feelings at some point. This last minute revelation worked better in Rebecca than it does here
Barnabas stumbled across Claude North's dead body, a twist that I really didn't see coming. The character was given such a huge build-up which ended up not amounting to very much. Sort of like Damien Edwards. Was this a case of DC killing the story at the last minute?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 03:38:03 PM »
They should have had Claude North appear a lot earlier.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 04:32:48 PM »
Since it seems to be common knowledge that Angelique was a major tramp, what possible scandal could she have threatened Quentin with? Could this be a vague reference to what happened between his father and Sam Evans?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 09:35:50 AM »
That's probably why that part of Rebecca didn't get included, though it's not as if Rebecca spelled it out, either.  It would have been comical for her to have an even bigger unnamed scandal, when she already was the Steely Dan's Josie of Collinsport.  But couldn't she just have threatened to reveal that?  Only her personal circle really knew.

Ang could easily have brought up Sam in the cave because that's exactly what was on her mind and in her plans at the time.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 03:37:21 PM »
Maggie, robot murderer.

Nooooooo please!!  [easter_grin]
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."