Author Topic: Today's Capture: August 7  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Today's Capture: August 7
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:04:27 AM »
Love the capture today. I think that dress the hair and makeup of Carlotta were quite flattering to Grayson.
BTW-Today is the anniversary of her passing in 1985.  (Thanks MB)
A Toast!
Julia99

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Capture: August 7
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:11:39 AM »
Because it's a Friday night (meaning not a "schoolnight," as I call them where I have to get up and go to work), I've just made my one libation and at the same time saw it's it the same day as Grayson's passing, so - holding up my glass - here's to her!

Gerard

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:03:28 AM »
And tonight's new capture from 1967 has an eerie ring to it, given that it's still August 7, the day Grayson died:  Julia, in her nightgown, facing a dark caped figure whom she tells "I've been waiting for you for a long, long time."

I also think of Grayson with all the hype around the new Meryl Streep movie about Julia Child--Grayson herself loved attending cooking classes at the Culinary Institute, and I can imagine what a kick she would have gotten out of the new film.

Rest in Peace, sovereign among ladies.  We'll never forget you.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 12:41:22 AM »
Love the capture today. I think that dress the hair and makeup of Carlotta were quite flattering to Grayson.

Here it is:

Though this one from July 8th for Scene #28 might show Carlotta off better:

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 12:47:14 AM »
And tonight's new capture from 1967 has an eerie ring to it, given that it's still August 7, the day Grayson died

And here's that one:

I also think of Grayson with all the hype around the new Meryl Streep movie about Julia Child--Grayson herself loved attending cooking classes at the Culinary Institute, and I can imagine what a kick she would have gotten out of the new film.

Imagine if they'd made a film of Grayson making her way through the Julia Child cookbook.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 01:24:45 AM »
I love Grayson with that what-I-call Debbie Hanson hairdo.  I call it that because Debbie Hanson was my typing teacher (typing?  typing?  what's typing? - typewriter?  typewriter?  what's a typewriter?) back in junior high school (junior high school?  junior high school?  what's a junior high school?) and had the exact same type of do.  I had a crush on "Miss Hanson," almost as strong as the one I had on TLATKLS, so I was glad to see Grayson sporting her original style when she first appeared on DS.  She looked so mod and so, well, Debbie Hanson.

Gerard

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 09:55:27 PM »
I love Grayson with that what-I-call Debbie Hanson hairdo.  She looked so mod and so, well, Debbie Hanson.

Does it ruin it for you Gerard to know these were both wigs?   [ghost_tongue]
Carlotta's hair reportedly belonged to Rita Hayworth at one time before Grayson.  Or was that the wig she wore on Night Gallery?  (ohh i'll have to check the book).  Nonetheless Dan apparently liked the longer hair in Night Gallery and decreed Carlotta would have longer hair.
Julia99

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 01:11:33 AM »
I knew it was a wig when she started on the show, but didn't know it was for NoDS.  I just figured her own hair had grown back long enough for it to be redone in a Debbie-Hanson do.  Well, even though it was a wig, I still liked it!

Gerard