Author Topic: Maggie Today - 7/23  (Read 1228 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Maggie Today - 7/23
« on: July 24, 2002, 08:02:45 AM »
Now I know that your shoes should match your handbag (or belt if you're a guy) but today was the first time I've ever seen a woman (Maggie) who's shoes matched her Sheets!

More on Maggie:

After all she's been through, you'd think she'd have some sort of clue of what was up with Joe. Especially when those dogs started howling. I guess when Julia wipes a memory clean she doesn't fool around!

REM? Was Maggie sleepwalking or was Joe just so handsome all over that she couldn't fix her eyes on one particular part of his face? I mean that girl's eyes were moving back and forth at the speed of a Chinese ping pong ball!

Did anyone really think petite little Maggie was going to be able to stop big bad beautiful boy Joe from leaving the cottage at any given time (no less at the summoning of a vampire)? I kept wondering what Maggie would choose to knock him over the head with? My eyes kept gravitating towards that double balled lamp behind the sofa.

Did anyone else sca-ream when Joe threw Maggie To The floor? I HAD to! *Tuffie, darling, I would have given my eye teeth to have been watching that with you today. After all, two shrieks are better than one! I would have been throwing myself to the floor all day long! LOL.*

KLS was certainly a striking young woman, no? She was radiant in today's first episode. She did have a bit of a hair problem though in today's second episode. I'm not sure if it was the frizzies (do they still call it that?) or if she picked up some static cling somewhere along the way. It was very noticeable and actually somewhat distracting.

I must admit that I adore the Maggie Evans character. And I have from day one. I love her politeness, and her love for her father endeared me to her right away. I guess the writers deserve a lot of credit for that but I do think KLS's delivery really makes it all so very believable. I really dig the caring/nurturing side of the character. And at the same time, her straight-forwardness when she is "on a mission". Girlfriend can hold her own when she has to.

Dom

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Today - 7/23
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 08:55:25 AM »
Did anyone really think petite little Maggie was going to be able to stop big bad beautiful boy Joe from leaving the cottage at any given time (no less at the summoning of a vampire)? I kept wondering what Maggie would choose to knock him over the head with? My eyes kept gravitating towards that double balled lamp behind the sofa.

Along with that, I was also wondering what Barnabas was thinking??  Apparently, he knows now that theres a vampire hidden somewhere at the Blair house and from how he spoke to Joe there, telling him " he knows how he feels and understands what he's going through," and also had the good sense to get Joe out of there fast, well then why on earth did he dump him on Maggie alone? If he knew all of that he should have very well known how hard it was to resist a vampire. He should have just taken Joe to the old house and locked him up in the basement cell for the night. :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 09:38:18 AM »
 Along with that, I was also wondering what Barnabas was thinking??  Apparently, he knows now that theres a vampire hidden somewhere at the Blair house and from how he spoke to Joe there, telling him " he knows how he feels and understands what he's going through," and also had the good sense to get Joe out of there fast, well then why on earth did he dump him on Maggie alone? If he knew all of that he should have very well known how hard it was to resist a vampire. He should have just taken Joe to the old house and locked him up in the basement cell for the night. :)

No kidding! I was thinking the exact same thing. And if not that, then stake yourself (sorry Barn) outside Maggie's' cottage and wait to see who comes-a-callin', or follow Joe when he leaves the cottage.

I guess now that he is human again the ol' Barnster can be as stupid as the rest of us mere mortals.

Offline Professor1985

• Full Poster
  • The Professor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 08:20:03 PM »
Yesterday's episodes were great. I like Maggie's Blue with Red Stripe Dress, and also her Green Dress, and Today's episode I like her brown windopane dress. Those episodes were very Groovy ;D

Best Wishes from myself to the members of the Dark Shadows Fourms.

Spencer H. Karter

Offline Professor1985

• Full Poster
  • The Professor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 08:22:15 PM »
"You can owl over me like a Royal Guard. I'm delighted to play the Queen.
-Maggie Evans on Episode #297]
Spencer H. Karter

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2002, 10:04:11 PM »

After all she's been through, you'd think she'd have some sort of clue of what was up with Joe. Especially when those dogs started howling. I guess when Julia wipes a memory clean she doesn't fool around!

I found this part rather absurd as well. I realize Julia has wiped the memory of her kidnapping but by now EVERYONE in Collinsport should be well aware that there is a connection between the howling dogs and the odd behavior people seem to exhibit during it. Maggie may not remember the entire episode where she was held captive at the Old House, but she should remember the fear she felt when she heard the howling dogs . . . it began before Barnabas even put the first bite on her!

Not only that, but he had the nerve to come back and ask her the very same thing twice in a row! After the first time he ran out I would have told him to get lost if he came back and went into this same lame-o routine again!

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 12:08:05 AM »

Petite little Maggie? From what I am aware Maggie/KLS is 5'7", as KLS shared in an interview. Unless you mean petite in comparison to Joe.
Alex adores Maggie Evans