Author Topic: The 120 second Rule  (Read 3616 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re: The 120 second Rule
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 06:18:31 AM »
I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said the fact that some of us are "night owls" is an understatement. Our mantra around here is "we don't need no stinkin' sleep!" [wink2]

What is sleep?   [8371]

Offline Jamison_Collins

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 08:51:35 AM »
But the corollary is that life is too short to sit here and waste time waiting for a whole lot of nuthin'. In two minutes, I could often post three or four messages. So I just don't.

On the other hand, safeguards against spammers are priceless. Little is more irritating than coming onto a board and finding it loaded with crap. I'd rather have this than the alternative (though sixty seconds twixt messages would ease things for us time-is-money, ulcerated writers in the crowd). ;)

Yes, we can only hope!  It just means my time on this board will be longer than usual IF I want to post more.  Wonder if people can stand me that long.  LOL   ;)

Well I can stand you that long Jackie. I am not really new here just haven't posted yet until just now.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 10:15:23 AM »
I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said the fact that some of us are "night owls" is an understatement. Our mantra around here is "we don't need no stinkin' sleep!" [wink2]

What is sleep?   [8371]

Something I should be doing right now.. in fact I'm going right now!!! LOL
 ;D
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Jamison_Collins

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2005, 06:22:45 PM »
Sometimes I don't get enough sleep myself and I know it. Of course noone ever sleeped on Dark Shadows but I do need sleep. Not now though. I do miss Dark Shadows too but I have videos I can watch when I am in the mood.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 04:38:03 AM »
On a positive note, trying to hit the floating heart appears to make those 120 seconds go by like that!
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 04:46:01 AM »
On a positive note, trying to hit the floating heart appears to make those 120 seconds go by like that!

Well, who knew they had such a great added benefit?  [wink2]

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 04:28:21 AM »
So how long is 120 seconds in the DS world? Try to wish somebody happy birthday, and for 15 minutes it tells me my last post was less than 120 seconds ago. So happy birthday Nicole and anybody else the system won't let me respond to.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 05:14:35 AM »
Well, on DS one day could often stretch into a week or more, so perhaps there's no telling how long 120 seconds might actually last in the DS world.  ;D

But seriously, remember that if anyone happens to try to post something before the initial 120 seconds completely elapses, the system begins counting another full 120 seconds all over again. Meaning that if, say, someone's last post was at 08:00:00, they should really wait until 08:02:01 to post again. But if they tried to submit another post after only 119 seconds had elapsed at 08:01:59, the 120 second count would start all over again, meaning they should really wait until after the second full 120 seconds had elapsed by 08:04:00 to post again. Repeated attempts to try to post before the full 120 seconds actually elapses could stretch the wait between posts out for who knows how long?