Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1167  (Read 1004 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1167
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:06:49 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1167
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:59:15 AM »
Why didn't Flora tell Gerard and Trask about her séance when they were asking her about vampires?

And why doesn't Judah/Gerard take Joanna seriously?  I daresay he thinks he's Master of the Universe and Diabolos is on his side and nothing can stop him.  But the fact is, he just spent nearly 150 years as a bodiless head, and he really ought to have learnt a little caution from that.

Ben Stokes's diary - or journal - sure gets around.  When pre-vampire Barnabas patiently taught Ben to write, he had no idea of what the ramifications would be.

When Gerard kissed Daphne, she put his arms around him to make it clear to us viewers that she was kissing him back.  I understand that this must be part of the dreams created by Gerard spilling over into real life, but I'm having trouble suspending disbelief.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 03:18:52 PM »
It does seem odd that Flora said nothing about her séance when Gerard and Trask were visiting. Funny how they arranged to meet at Rose Cottage without even consulting her, let alone get invited!

More sweet scenes with Jeremy and Carrie. I gather she's about fifteen or so, but Jeremy doesn't seem inclined to wait till she's older to take her away with him. In the Collinwood universe, maybe the age of consent is thirteen, like it used to be in Texas.

Daphne kissing Gerard back: That doesn't seem so implausible to me, since he's sent her far too many dreams already. Maybe this subplot will pick up some speed now. I confess I find it pretty irritating.

Meanwhile, poor Barnabas is helpless to prevent the revelation of his terrible revenge on the original Reverend Trask....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 06:07:13 AM »
I wish to register that I have been watching these episodes, but have found absolutely nothing to say about them.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 06:54:50 AM »
Are you enjoying them, Magnus?  I've felt sort of blank on some episodes - I mean, throughout the series, not just in this storyline, - and sometimes it's because I just didn't like them much, and sometimes it's because they leave me feeling satisfied, with no desire to do anything more.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 04:20:05 PM »
Well, I have my own weird individual situation, with individual factors at work on me.   I'm getting less out of everything, while not only is my medical stuff increasing, but medical side issues are being tacked on, all of which taken together are overwhelming and distorting how I react to anything and everything.   The new stupid health distraction is that I think my system's reacting to an anti-biotic I have to take for my stupid ingrown toenail.   I feel like the medical gods are poking and prodding me or punching me in a dozen different mysterious ways, and I can't figure out where it all's coming from...  Sorry to vent.   The VCR that doesn't play at SP well doesn't help either, though my DS tapes work better than other SP tapes somehow.

I think I may feel some of what you do about DS now, Lydia, but I can't put my finger on it any more than you can at the moment, and again, it's getting mixed up with the medical interference with my enjoyment of it all.    I've been peering into this stretch of DS deeply to pry out of it whatever emotional response I used to have.   I need more patience than I have, and more active emotional neirotransmitters than I have now.   Other than that it's just a mystery.

I think I have had an alright time with episodes and haven't felt like commenting, sometimes.   My sense of humor is more dormant these days, and I poke fun when I don't have anything else to say, so I'm silent at those times now. 

The one thought I have today about this part of DS is that this is the one last storyline I like, and I don't even like the end.   It's very discouraging.   I know now that 1841PT has worth, but it's like a new DS that I might never have chosen to watch, had it not been preceded by "regular" DS.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 12:57:44 AM »
So sorry to hear that you're under the weather, MB! I hope things clear up for you soon!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 10:59:39 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your additional health issues, Magnus.  And it's a shame that parallel time 1841 doesn't appeal to you.  I'm looking forward to it tremendously.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 03:17:05 PM »
Thanks DL and Lydia-- the anti-biotic has screwed me up so that I can only stand organic soy milk.  I can't get more for a couple of reasons.  So I'm going back to eating the regular food that makes me sick.   Ideally I'd get about 7 or 8 cartons of soy milk and live off that just fine for a week.

I'll try to feed off of your 1841PT enthusiasm, Lydia...

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 06:31:23 PM »
Take a little extra dose from me too, MB! I've always enjoyed 1841PT with all its mystery and romance.