Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0243  (Read 1041 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0243
« on: June 28, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »
Robservations - #243

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0243

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:36:52 AM »
I always enjoy Jason and Barn's conversations together. Jason is pushing him a bit too far and Barn is trying his best to keep under control. But I noticed last night watching this episode (this is how I interpreted it anyway), that Jason seemed to be expecting Barnabas to attack him from behind as he left the Old House. As if Jason's eyes are trying to scan anything coming up behind him. Powerful stuff from Dennis Patrick.
I loved how he asked Liz what she knows about this cousin of hers.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »
Doc Woodard introduces himself to Barnabas, and they shake hands. I guess that unlike in the Bram Stoker universe, a vampire's touch is not icy cold, because nobody every says that about Barnabas.

The doctor asks Barnabas to use his influence to get Willie to give him a blood sample. Barnabas agrees, but ironically qualifies his answer: I can’t force him to do anything against his will.

Nice calls, Janet! Lots of good, snappy dialogue in this ep. I never noticed that about Jason leaving the Old House, but it makes sense--those dogs do make him nervous, as Barn notes with satisfaction. I loved the bombshell Jason dropped on poor Elizabeth at the end of the episode--and no way is it a question, either.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 10:10:17 AM »
How perfectly Joan Bennett and Dennis Patrick are matched!  I have no doubt that this perfection came from rehearsal beyond the norm - but the fact that Bennett was willing to put in the time says something.

As I watched them, I thought the show could have been quite a success if it had been Jason that had stayed for the run of the show rather than Barnabas.  And I thought about how Laura, Jason, and Barnabas were all useful additions to the show, but Barnabas was the one who stayed - by the choices of all three actors involved.  The general idea of Barnabas seems to be that he was a reluctant vampire played by an actor reluctant to play him - but Frid was the one who stayed.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
Jason informs Elizabeth that they will be married. It was only a matter of time as Jason wants more and more and she is unwilling to see that there is no end to his game. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »
Interesting thought, alwaysdavid...what comes after marriage in Jason's game?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »
Oh, I'm sure Jason would have forced Elizabeth to change her will to disinherit Carolyn, David, and Roger. Then he would have had her declared insane and locked up for life or otherwise disposed of her, making himself the sole Master of Collinwood.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
Oh, gosh, yes, how could I forget?  The gaslighting gambit never grows old.