Author Topic: Our 3rd Annual DS Themes Halloween Party in Tarrytwon  (Read 1258 times)

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
Our 3rd Annual DS Themes Halloween Party in Tarrytwon
« on: November 05, 2006, 07:40:39 PM »
Well we survived another Halloween DS Themed Party in Tarrytown this year.  In attendance were Diane Eckert (who I have known over 30 years...OY we are OLD!), our best friend Helen Samaras, the dear hearted Walter Down...is there a nicer guy on the planet?, photog and reconteur Jay Keavney, blogger- Fridian/Freudian all around gal pal Nancy Kersey, and a host of others!

Here are a bunch of pics of the event:

http://www.judyandme.com/new.html

Here are a couple to whet your appetite:

Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
Re: Our 3rd Annual DS Themes Halloween Party in Tarrytwon
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:47:59 PM »
Ok kids California here we come! Judy Garland and Bea Arthur will be performing at the Bel Age Hotel in West Hollywood on Thursday November 9th as guests of the wonderfully talented Les Michaels at 8pm. Please try and make it...and wish us luck!

These two Dorothy's are really looking forward to reuniting "where orange and palm trees sway"! Our NY Christmas show is selling out for Christmas as we speak. So please reach out to us to hold you a seat.

Here is a clip from a recent performance in NYC.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1270975199

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_9ChbkcXvc
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 11:07:02 PM »
And what a grand time it was for all! Thanks Peter and John for being such wonderful hosts.  It's always fun to get together with friends, yak, eat, watch some videos and yak and eat some more.  Thank you.

Nancy

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 02:12:36 AM »
John,
GREAT photos . I LOVE the reproduction Seaview doors! ;D That must have been a rel project to replicate them to fit over the hotel doors.

If my eyes are not deceiving me, could that be the only and only "Christine Ebersole" in the photo with you and Peter in front of the Walter Kerr? She is FANTASTIC as Edie Beale in Grey Gardens. If that is indeed her, what did she think of you and Peter's outfits?

Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:36:08 PM »
John,
GREAT photos . I LOVE the reproduction Seaview doors! ;D That must have been a rel project to replicate them to fit over the hotel doors.

If my eyes are not deceiving me, could that be the only and only "Christine Ebersole" in the photo with you and Peter in front of the Walter Kerr? She is FANTASTIC as Edie Beale in Grey Gardens. If that is indeed her, what did she think of you and Peter's outfits?

It is indeed the one and only Christine.  She is a great sport.  We also are the moderators of GreyGardensTheMusical group on Yahoo so we have had some access to the folks associated with the show.  One of the producers Randall Wreghitt is an old friend.  We are going to his annual Christmas party in a few weeks.  He made sure Christine and the rest of the cast knew we were there.  In fact wholst the show was still going they were running out to see us and give us gifts.  We are really starting to make a name for ourselves after three years of doing Judy & Bea!  I think working this hard and having Golden Girls Live be cancelled makes it all the more sweeter this time around. 
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com