Author Topic: Bramwell?!?  (spoilers)  (Read 836 times)

Offline CD_Tate

• Junior Poster
  • I'm soooo artistic.
    • View Profile
    • Pix:
Bramwell?!?  (spoilers)
« on: August 21, 2002, 09:18:55 AM »
I watched the whole series in its entirety last go-round on SciFi, and the final arc really perplexed me.  For years and years, nearly all the primary actors played multiple parts, but Barnabas was always just Barnabas...  Then in the final arc of the show, he suddenly plays another character for the first time--his own son, at least in parallel time...

Since Barnabas was, more or less, the character which kept the series going, why did they discard him near the end?  Was it a suggestion of the producers or writers?  Was Jonathan tired of the role?  Just curious if anyone's ever heard any insider info or speculation about this...

?!?

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bramwell?!?  (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 09:36:34 AM »
I understand that Frid refused to continue with the show unless he was given a different (human) character to play.  I don't know if Curtis & Co. realized at the time that 1841 PT would be the end of the road, so I don't believe they intentionally left the audience hanging about Barnabas.

ProfStokes    

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Bramwell?!?  (spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2002, 04:27:25 PM »
I understand that Frid refused to continue with the show unless he was given a different (human) character to play.  I don't know if Curtis & Co. realized at the time that 1841 PT would be the end of the road, so I don't believe they intentionally left the audience hanging about Barnabas.

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
i don't think so either but as he had "solved" the last Collin's problem it was nice to see Julia and him walking out of the room going on to do something"normal"
It was almost a date  :)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV