Author Topic: giggling winters  (Read 848 times)

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
giggling winters
« on: August 19, 2002, 06:50:41 AM »
**slight blooper alert**  on mondays first episode, as vicki and liz are in the drawing room talking, liz utters the words "dicifulties and differences"  well, vicki turns away smiling, and almost laughs, but corrects the line and does a good job of recovering.  ;D
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: giggling winters
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 09:56:10 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I'll have to check it out. :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 06:12:50 PM »
I thought she did a good job of recovering, of course, her "wall of hair" hairstyle or rather non-hairstyle helped.  But, what really gets me is what a giggler she is, jeez, i mean, Joan Bennet tripping over a word is not cause to crack up and turn away from the camera.  i wonder if they teach classes on that.  ?!?
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 09:37:08 PM »
I thought she did a good job of recovering, of course, her "wall of hair" hairstyle or rather non-hairstyle helped.  But, what really gets me is what a giggler she is, jeez, i mean, Joan Bennet tripping over a word is not cause to crack up and turn away from the camera.  i wonder if they teach classes on that.  ?!?

Moltke seemed prone to getting the giggles. There are two very funny incidents in the early, pre-Barnabas episodes where she is quite obviously starting to laugh and the camera cuts away from her quickly. She has also told of an incident they had to re-tape because of her laughter. I always enjoy seeing these little gems - they really crack me up!

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2002, 02:33:34 AM »
LOL Yeah I've seen her crack a smile at times. I remember in one of the early episodes (Somewhere between #1-60 lol), "Roger" is talking to "Victoria" and Victoria turns her head away smiling. I haven't been keeping up with the Sci Fi episodes for the past week (I just watched Thursday's episodes from last week today) but I think I'll watch Friday and today's episodes later today.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 05:28:54 AM »
I always enjoy seeing one of the DS cast members break character, especially when it involves laughing.  I noticed AM suppressing laughter more than once in that scene with JB.

Incidentally, for those who want to see a great example of suppressed laughter, check out the scene from 1795 in which Trask is interrogating Josette (MPI Volume 32, episode 2).  KLS is very clearly on the verge of hysterics in this scene.  That she managed to get through it is a testament to her talent.

As for AM's "wall of hair," I read an interesting account of her feelings towards the series during her last months on DS.  In the book AMERICA ON THE RERUN, Lara Parker discusses how unhappy AM was, sometimes refusing to wear make-up or comb her hair for tapings.  Lara did note, however, that AM "still looked ravishing."

Regards,

John