Author Topic: Dr. Woodard and Dr. Lang  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Dr. Woodard and Dr. Lang
« on: August 16, 2002, 06:12:41 PM »
I wonder what Dr. Woodard thought about Eric Lang.  The two must have know each other for many years.

Then again, Eric Lang was in town when Barnabas first around (though never meeting him then) and the attacks on women and cows drained of blood were found and the townspeople were all aware of them.  Plus, the marks on Maggie's neck and on Willie's wrist.  Perhaps Woodard had consulted Lang on the matter.  Lang at this time would have suspected a vampire but just didn't know who it was.

When Barnabas is in the hospital, it was the final piece to Lang's puzzle. Maybe the existence of a vampire in 1967 led Dr. Lang to think about finding it and using it for the experiment or even the thought of the experiment himself.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
?!? 8) 8) 8) ::) ?!?Re: Dr. Woodard and Dr. Lang
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2002, 07:24:13 PM »
Hi, Joeytrom, i bet both Dr's would of been
pretty good together . Or maybe even with
Dr Hoffman involved as well.!  It just occured
to me wonder what Dr Woodard would of thought
about Adam and how he'd feel towards him.
Hmmm  interersting  !  Love Anne
    ?!? ::) ::) ::) ;)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Woodard and Dr. Lang
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2002, 10:29:45 PM »
Assuming that Drs. Woodard and Lang worked at the same hospital at the same time (which we don't know), I would guess that the fine, down-to-earth and sensible Dr. Woodard would have regarded Lang with some suspicion. I'm not sure what their respective specialties were, but it's also possible they would have had little occassion to cross paths.

I would assume, however, that Lang came along after Woodard's death rather than having been there the whole time. Possibly he was hired as a replacement for Woodard. ?!?

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2002, 10:58:21 PM »
Assuming that Drs. Woodard and Lang worked at the same hospital at the same time (which we don't know), I would guess that the fine, down-to-earth and sensible Dr. Woodard would have regarded Lang with some suspicion. I'm not sure what their respective specialties were, but it's also possible they would have had little occassion to cross paths.

I would assume, however, that Lang came along after Woodard's death rather than having been there the whole time. Possibly he was hired as a replacement for Woodard. ?!?

I don't know DR's can hide a lot!You'd be surprized what i've learned through the years ;)

Joey actually that sounds good but like most tv background is not a must!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline petofi

• Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2002, 11:04:10 PM »
Perhaps Woodard, Lang and Hoffman all went to medical school together.  If so, "Woody" Woodard would most likely have been considered the sane, steady one! ;D

Petofi

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2002, 04:16:38 AM »
If nothing else, Dave Woodard would have been appalled at Eric Lang's stitching technique  ;)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2002, 04:59:45 AM »
Oh, and what about Dr. Whatsisname that so blithely informed Laura Collins how he was going to expose her. Right before he crashed and burned, by coincidence, of course. Maybe all four of our Doctors went to medical school together? ( Or was the other one not a medical doctor, we knew him for such a short time and my memory is so bad...)

Anyway, I rather imagine Dr. Lang's field of specialty lent itself to his moving around fairly often. For one thing, the graveyard in a small town can only yield so much before it is time to move on!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2002, 05:17:19 AM »
Oh, and what about Dr. Whatsisname that so blithely informed Laura Collins how he was going to expose her.

Dr. Peter Guthrie [angryf]
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2002, 05:17:52 AM »
Oh, and what about Dr. Whatsisname that so blithely informed Laura Collins how he was going to expose her. Right before he crashed and burned, by coincidence, of course. Maybe all four of our Doctors went to medical school together? ( Or was the other one not a medical doctor, we knew him for such a short time and my memory is so bad...)

Dr. Guthrie and friend of Frank Garner was a para-psychologist; and, yeah, that whole "You, Laura Collins are the *undead*" thing was sorta poorly timed, but hey, he sounded exactly like Don Adams, so that makes him cool in may book!
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...