Author Topic: Roger Davis Has Many Fans...All Electric...  (Read 3011 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Davis Has Many Fans...All Electric...
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2002, 05:11:32 AM »

Well, he met his current wife at a DS convention, so I suppose that means there's at least one. ;)

Or, at least, there WAS one! I can just see her joining us here, posting away her irritation with her "DH"  and his whining ways..... he sidles up behind her "whatcha doin' hon?", she flips to another site immediately, "Oh nothinnnngggg, what about youuuu?"
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2002, 05:50:16 AM »

By the way:  Great Board!  Glad I found it!  (Is there an approriate thread for me to introduce myself so I don't go too far off-topic here?)

WELCOME CD TATE!

At the 2001 Festival, I was sitting at Roger Davis' table. He spent most of the evening greeting and talking with people at other tables. I never really got a chance to talk with him. This year I sat with Robert Rodan and found him  to be both a delightful and dependable dinner companion.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2002, 08:17:05 AM »
Roger Davis was very attentive at this years Anaheim fest, walking down the autograph line signing anything someone gave him.

I have never witnessed Roger causing anyone to shed a tear.  

I also believe he truly enjoys attending festivals.

I did not know Roger met his current wife while attending a DS fest, does anyone know which fest this was?  

I do believe I like Roger Davis.
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2002, 08:45:09 AM »
I have never witnessed Roger causing anyone to shed a tear.

Then count yourself among the lucky. [wink2]

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2002, 04:20:22 PM »
I actually had two occasions to talk (very briefly) with Roger Davis.  Two years ago at the Fest in LA, I bought a T-Shirt from him and had him sign it.  Later that day, he was walking through the hotel with a girl-friend or spouse(?) and he nodded at me in recognition.  Last year in NYC, I was on the elevator with him and he had apparently gotten off the on the wrong floor with his luggage and he hopped back on, I asked him what floor and pushed the button for him. He thanked me and then noticed the DS Fest book I was carrying and smiled at me. I have no idea why I even remember all these details so clearly.  Must be a female thing! ;)
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2002, 10:26:34 PM »

So, I ask you:  are there any Roger Davis fans in DS fandom?

At the festival banquet this year I sat with a woman who proclaimed that Roger Davis was her favorite DS actor...said he was just so "intense".  Well, I certainly couldn't argue with that...

MrsJ.

Offline ElizabethGrayson

• Junior Poster
  • Would you care to pet my dragon?
    • View Profile
    • Jen's Eclectic Corner...
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2002, 11:00:51 PM »
He's not really as bad as everyone seems to think, in my strictly humble opinion.  At last year's fest he did ramble on quite a bit, but I think he's one of those people who's so smart they think faster than they can talk and end up talking at warp speed to make up for  it.  I was in the absolute tail end of the autograph line and he came to the end and started signing and taking pictures, making sure that everyone who wanted a picture or autograph got one.  He was also the sole protester when Jim Pierson was pushing the panel off the stage, saying that it was a weekend for the fans and they should have been allowed to stay as long as we wanted to ask them questions....

So I guess I'm trying to say irritating doesn't necessarily mean unlikable.....

EG
Always remember you have the knowledge to do what's right, and the power to right what's done.
(Bill Sisler, "Fields of Honor")

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2002, 05:02:35 AM »
He was also the sole protester when Jim Pierson was pushing the panel off the stage, saying that it was a weekend for the fans and they should have been allowed to stay as long as we wanted to ask them questions....

Yes, It would be nice if more of them would join him in protest...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2002, 05:47:08 AM »
:)  He must have fans besides his wife?  No, I never did like him replacing Peter Duel in Alias Smith & Jones. Then again, I was heartbroken when Peter Duel passed away.   Jeff Clark is just an irritating character.   He annoys me.   I preferred Peter Bradford in 1795 with Vicki.  I thought that was sweet.   Tate was okay.  Who knows....they have to be out there somewhere....maybe? ;D

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2002, 09:17:19 AM »
Hey, anyone catch Roger Davis on today's episode of the twilight zone (i think they showed it on sci-fi's eastern feed at around noon)?  He played some psychotic husband from hell whose wife tried to stop herself from marrying him in the past (think Vicki).  I thought he fit *this* role much better than the textbook nice guy Jeff Clark is supposed to be.

Yes, I did see that one as a matter of fact.  I wasn't even in the same room as the TV, but suddenly I heard all this screaming & shouting and I just knew it was him!! That poor woman had such regrets over marrying him. Actually the ending suprised me because I thought she was fretting over the other guy she was engaged to. And instead it wound up being Roger Davis! ;)

Actually I've never met Roger Davis in person so I really can't account for his personality.  I didn't mind him so much as Peter Bradford, and I thought his character portrayel of Vampire Dirk Wilkins was pretty good if not the better of all his characters. It's this Jeff Clark character that I can't stand.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2002, 04:37:56 PM »
Hey gang,

As I was leaving the 1999 DS Festival in NYC, I happened to bump into Mr. Davis on the stairway.  He smiled at me and said hi. I responded that it was great to see him at the festival.  I think that Mr. Davis is a heck of a nice guy.

Of course, as an unabashed fan of Lang & Clark, I'm just the least bit partial in my assessment of Roger Davis and Addison Powell!

Bob the Bartender

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2002, 07:25:48 PM »
There are far more annoying characters on DS to me than his!

Amanda Harris :o
Carrie/Hallie :o
Jeb H :o
just to name a few...

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV