Author Topic: Ouch?  (Read 2621 times)

Offline CandleLighter

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Ouch?
« on: August 15, 2002, 06:43:45 PM »
Considering the length of that letter opener/knife that Joe used to plunge into himself, and  how much of it was still sticking out... I would say he barely got it through his clothes and maybe grazed his skin.. or maybe I was too sleepy to see it accurately.  [twch2]

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 06:57:24 PM »
Jeez, and even if he did get it all the way in, I could think of more "pleasant" ways for Joe to kill himself than getting some letter opener lodged in his gut.  Yucky :P.  Well, yet another failed suicide attempt (i think?) courtesy of the DS writers I guess.
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2002, 07:19:46 PM »
Jeez,  yet another failed suicide attempt (i think?) courtesy of the DS writers I guess.

Uh-oh!   :o   Is that a Vam-Poll coming over the hill? [cue Blue Oyster Cult: 'Godzirra' ;D]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2002, 08:27:53 PM »
And no blood, remarkable!  I kept seeing in my mind these play knive's that the blade retracts into the handle.  Which is probably what they used.  I guess they weren't into graphic sprays of blood in those days, however, when Barnabas would bite someone the first time he was a vampire he had blood all over his shirt front.  Oh well.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2002, 11:17:52 PM »
Even though it was a very "dramatic" scene.  For years now I always get a chuckle out of the line by Angelique to JOe.  When she says to him, "Put down that letter opener, you look ridiculous!"   :) Angie always had a gift for understatement, but that line took the cake!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2002, 08:31:28 AM »
Even though it was a very "dramatic" scene.  For years now I always get a chuckle out of the line by Angelique to JOe.  When she says to him, "Put down that letter opener, you look ridiculous!"   :) Angie always had a gift for understatement, but that line took the cake!

What got me was when she said to Joe, "you bore me!"
Why? was Jeff Clark more exiting? [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2002, 06:22:51 PM »
>>>>>>>What got me was when she said to Joe, "you bore me!"
Why? was Jeff Clark more exiting?  

Well, perhaps Jeff Clark had a better...........Neck!  :o

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2002, 06:45:27 PM »
and just what was the purpose of "the cutting of the sweater" when attending to Joe's wound?  ... Joooolia, all you had to do was lift it up a little..[idea2].. Duh!  lol... these scenes just crack me up

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2002, 07:38:21 PM »
:o If she had just lifted Joe's sweater, she wouldn't have seen the BITE MARKS! AFAN Do we think that she is stupid or something?;D ;D ;D HaHa

Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2002, 09:46:33 PM »
I have a friend who has the very same type of letter opener that Joe Haskell used in his lame suicide attempt.

My friend says that letter opener could barely cut melted butter, much less do any damage to a human being...

Good work, Joe! [thumb]

I'm not surprised my friend has the same letter opener; he reminds me a lot of Nicky Blair.

Is that a bad thing?

[hdscrt]
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline CD_Tate

• Junior Poster
  • I'm soooo artistic.
    • View Profile
    • Pix:
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2002, 11:17:01 PM »
If he wanted to hurt himself he should've just banged his head on the boom mike like everyone else.  :)

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2002, 11:38:03 PM »

What got me was when she said to Joe, "you bore me!"

What got me was the fact that Barnabas just stood there talking with Angelique, instead of pulling the letter opener out of Joe.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2002, 02:12:33 AM »
and just what was the purpose of "the cutting of the sweater" when attending to Joe's wound?  ... Joooolia, all you had to do was lift it up a little..[idea2].. Duh!  lol... these scenes just crack me up

Well, cutting the sweater is just so much more dramatic, ya know!   Too bad it wasn't Adam's sweater  ;D

And those scissors used by Dr. Julia looked about as sharp as that letter opener.  Grayson Hall seemed a tad irritated as she tried to cut that sweater... she looked about ready to tear it off.  Now THAT would have been something to watch!  :o

MrsJ.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2002, 03:42:59 AM »
Dear Candlelighter,

I got nervous as Julia kept tearing away at Joe's sweater with those scissors with about as much reckless abandon as Teddy Roosevelt employed, waving his saber as he charged up San Juan Hill with the Rough Riders!  I thought that Julia was going to give Joe a much worse cut wound to his throat than Angelique did.

I shudder to think what "damage" Julia could have done if Joe had stabbed himself in the upper thigh instead of the stomach.  (Joe Haskell, Collinsport's only known  living eunuch!!!)

Bob the Bartender, who remembers the great Gabe Kaplan's reminiscence of his high school gym instructor, Mr. Lombardi:  "Hey, you guys got your supporters on?  You gotta take care of the jewels.  Gotta take care of the family jewels!"

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2002, 04:46:58 AM »

What got me was the fact that Barnabas just stood there talking with Angelique, instead of pulling the letter opener out of Joe.

If you ever happen to be in the presence of someone who stabs themself in the gut with a letter opener, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT pull it out! It is much better to keep the stabbing utensil in place and the person will not be as likely to bleed to death. This public service announcement has been brought to you by the NRA.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton