Author Topic: In Praise Of Eve: The Lady In Black!  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
In Praise Of Eve: The Lady In Black!
« on: August 13, 2002, 04:21:34 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Seeing the phenomenal Eve on the Sci-Fi Channel brings back fond memories of 1968.  When, as a young boy, I first laid eyes on Adam's alluring intended, it was like an epiphany to me.  My eyes opened wide and I felt my pulse quickening.  I suppose it was then, looking at this truly stunning woman, that I realized that there was much more to life than baseball, Beatles music and pizza on Friday night with all of the toppings!

Ah yes, the sultry, albeit evil Eve was quite a sight for a young fellow.  I'm sure that Gerard and Ringo will agree with me that you always want to bring a lovely, young lady like Maggie Evans or Vicky Winters home to meet your mom and dad.  Nevertheless, Eve is the kind of woman who you would like to "rock your world," so to speak.  (I guess it's the male equivalent of women who are attracted to so-called "bad boys.")

As we will soon find out, Eve enjoys taking long, early morning walks along the beach.  Can you imagine if those two-early bird anglers, the honorable Cornelius Crathorne and saloon keeper Bob Rooney, are standing on the beach at Findley's Cove as Eve comes slinking up the shore line, dressed in that sexy black cocktail dress of hers?  I can almost see it now...

"Jesus Christ, Judge Crathorne!  Would you get a load of that one coming up the beach!"

To which Hancock County's finest jurist replies:  "Quick, Bob.  Get my digitalis out of my bag.  This could be the big one!"

Bob the Bartender, who will now walk around the corner one hundred times and then, take a cold shower!

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: In Praise Of Eve: The Lady In Black!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 10:45:09 PM »
I can see the attraction. In much the same way, Angelique is a very popular character, despite the fact that she has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. She's just fun to watch - you even want to root for her sometimes. Eve, on the other hand, is just plain evil. She won't even PRETEND to be sweet, like Angelique will. She's a fiery one, all right! Be careful, Bob. (Although I don't think you stand much of a chance with her; she's attracted to losers like Peter Bradford.)

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 09:06:36 AM »
LOL!!  Bob, you're too much!!  Eve definetely does have that spit fire image to her, especially with that black dress that wears throughout most of the series.

SPOILER......SPOILER............SPOILER..........SPOILER.....

I do think that the writers made a huge mistake having her fall for Jeff Clark though. I mean, Nickolas I could see, but JEFF CLARK?!  Eve's character just doesn't seem to fit for falling for someone like him. I'd take Adam anyday before I went for him.

Also thought Marie Wallace did a great job as Eve. She's so totally believable as an evil character and with that firey temper of hers, she looks as if she could kill just about anybody. ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2002, 08:15:01 PM »
I do think that the writers made a huge mistake having her fall for Jeff Clark...Eve's character just doesn't seem to fit for falling for someone like him.

It simply proves that even the most evil of women can make horrifyingly bad choices when it comes to the opposite sex.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2002, 08:26:47 PM »
Evil women, foolish choices?  Maybe a new book for Dr. Phil.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2002, 09:47:26 PM »
Way to go, Bob!

I like Eve.  Always have.  She's just so (and I'm saying this positively  8) ) nasty.  I loved that bit where she told Adam, "I don't kiss weak men."

After all the antics and nutso weird science schlock we've been subjected to (including Erica Fitz there and that scary, visual place we all went to even with just the thought of her and Eric together.  I tell you, between that and Jeff's ex-sex slave vibes, it's just not pretty  8) ), it's a positive pleasure to watch Eve slinking around in that cocktail dress and trying to hook up with a better protecter than Adam in his green sweater..

Which raises an interesting question.  Which of the intrepid force of the Eric Lang Memorial Crew decided to put that number on her?  And can you picture the scene of them trying to dress the cadaver in that?  Because that dress doesn't look like the type of frock that you can just pull on and go.

Alas, Eve's taste in men is questionable.  

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2002, 09:53:48 AM »
My first taste of Marie Wallace (way back when) was as Megan Todd and I too was quite captivated by her presence, although I wanted to be like her - not with her. ;)

Dom  

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2002, 12:19:55 PM »
I always thought Eve was a wonderfully bitchy character, and the fact that she seemed to dislike Adam right away (especially given that she's supposed to be the mother of a future generation of baddies) was true irony.  At least if they had used Carolyn's life force, Eve might have liked or even loved Adam.  Nicholas Blair made a serious tactical error in using Danielle Roget.  Here he's dating Maggie Evans, a good girl, and he sets Adam up with a bad one?  Quite a surprise for a warlock who's supposed to be so smart!

While Adam seems to already care about his mate, Eve is casting her eyes elsewhere.  But. . .Jeff Clark?  What a ludicrous combination!

Love, Robin

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2002, 01:07:24 PM »
LOL!!  Bob, you're too much!!  Eve definetely does have that spit fire image to her, especially with that black dress that wears throughout most of the series.

SPOILER......SPOILER............SPOILER..........SPOILER.....

I do think that the writers made a huge mistake having her fall for Jeff Clark though. I mean, Nickolas I could see, but JEFF CLARK?!  Eve's character just doesn't seem to fit for falling for someone like him. I'd take Adam anyday before I went for him.

Might have been interesting to see her fall for Barnabas since he is Adams life force...Eve and Angelique fighting for Barny's affection... ::)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2002, 08:59:48 AM »
I love Eve too (all of Marie Wallace's characters actually). They give her some really good dialogue to say. Love how she interacts with Adam and Nicholas.
Wiley S.