Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0957  (Read 2297 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0957
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:20:51 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0957
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:42:18 PM »
2/23/70

Isn't it always a night of terror @ Collinwood??  Willie mangaged to style his hair differently between the fade out  from yesterday! LOL   I  like the shaggy look actually.   Grayson seems to be growing her hair out which I like.  I think it was time for her to do something different with her hair! 

It seems as if one of the camera's is effed up today!  The sawed of staircase? What is up with that?   JK is such a good actor with his quivering lips .  Julia is passing out pills per usual.  Julia it's no time for everyone to be comfortably numb.  KLS is kind of  getting on my nerves with all her all her facial contortions at  fade out.  Maybe one of the high drama directors was working that day??     I really like that fact that Barnabas gives Willie his freedom!  Thank you Barnabas for doing the right thing!  He truly owes Willie that and all the jewels he can spare for the beatings and horrible cow blood draining!

Uh why is Jeb looking @ the wall talking to Julia and B?  Wonder if Jeb and Adam shop at the same store?  Heck I am beginning to think Tony Newman (from Time Tunnel) shops there too…they all love the same green turtleneck!  HA!  Again why is CP looking directly into the camera while addressing Barnabas? 

“Barnabas! You're talking to yourself.  That's a bad sign!”  WILLIE  I rewound that about six times and laughed my arse off.  Karlen's deadpan delivery was spot on.  It's good to have JK back!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 04:43:15 AM »
... and I think I know why The Time Tunnel came up!   Yes, T Newman's another member of the Eternal, Possibly Unlaundered Green Sweater Brigade...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »
Wonder if Jeb and Adam shop at the same store?
No, remember that Carolyn gave Adam his green sweater.  That's why he never took it off.

Barnabas was so unspeakably noble today that I wanted to throw up.  I don't think I saw even a trace of villainy in him.  If that's how it was, it must have been torture for Jonathan Frid, who prefers his characters to be neither unadulterated good nor unadulterated evil.

Thank heaven Julia had a sedative on hand for Maggie.  Is Maggie slightly claustrophobic?  Despite all the complaints about her having been dumbed down, I don't see any particular problem until she's locked up, and then she falls apart completely.  I didn't think that was the case before the Leviathan storyline, so maybe it's a cumulative thing, or maybe the erased memories trigger a reaction in her when she's locked up.

What a lovely, telling name Sue Agatha is.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 01:08:29 PM »
Oh yes thanks for the reminder Lydia darling! :)  Per usual I do enjoy your posts! I am glad that there is still a group of us who keep up with the WP. It's my favorite thing about the boards. I am sorta of sad the end is drawing nigh! :(
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 03:44:35 PM »
Julia's hairdo? She's looks like the Wolfman.

Thank goodness somebody handed Willie a hairbrush.

Barnabas always dresses so sharp.

The drapes in the Old House drawing room remind me of that movie "Fantastic Voyage" for some reason.

For crying out loud, Julia. Let Willie go! Haven't you done enough to this poor guy? Barnabas lays it on thick and Willie is guiltridden. He cares. My reaction if I were Willie - several swear words and a hearty door slam on my way the hell out of there.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 04:34:37 PM »
So great to see you posting in the WP JTW! The more the merrier! ;) You're a hoot!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:24:50 PM »
I love this shot of Julia as she's about to leave Barn alone with Jeb:

I am sorta of sad the end is drawing nigh! :(

Um, the end isn't that close. We still have more than a year's worth of story to go through before reaching the end of 1841PT - and then there's almost ten months of pre-Barn eps.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 01:03:33 AM »
You know, I can't think of any circumstance that would cause me to raise my eyebrows and squint my eyes at the same time, like Julia.   It sort of hurts when  try... which I just did!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »
I thought you guys had started @ the beginning MB and I didn't realize it would be that long for just what eps are left!  So that is cool! :)

Love the pic! Grayson look!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 05:08:43 PM »
Willie and Maggie entered the Old House through a back entrance, and then Jeb got in soundlessly... for someone who is being hunted, Barnabas uses no security measures whatsoever.

Angelique must have found another place to stay (I almost used the term "moved on" but thought better of it, because we know she never does [rleyeb]).  She napped in Josette's room during the last daylight, but Maggie occupies that room now, and there's no sign of Ange's little blue suitcase and Maggie didn't wake up covered in monkey hair. [winkb]

It seems as if one of the camera's is effed up today!  The sawed of staircase? What is up with that?

LOL  And yet another mess-up:

Oops.  (B's reflection)

KLS is kind of  getting on my nerves with all her all her facial contortions at  fade out.  Maybe one of the high drama directors was working that day??

It was Henry Kaplan, but her acting annoys me to no end anyway.  There is nothing natural nor subtle about the ways KLS' face and body register fear, shock, confusion, etc.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 01:28:54 AM »
For crying out loud, Julia. Let Willie go! Haven't you done enough to this poor guy? Barnabas lays it on thick and Willie is guiltridden. He cares. My reaction if I were Willie - several swear words and a hearty door slam on my way the hell out of there.

Well, I give Barnabas credit for allowing Willie to leave...he could easily have bitten him and FORCED him to stay on as his slave as he did before.  But he didn't. I think that was very commendable of him. Unlike Lydia, I don't mind Barnabas being noble. It's a rare occasion with him and when it happens, it's precious to me.

Julia was pushy in trying to get Willie to stay and trying to convince Barnabas to get him to stay. I don't understand her logic in wanting Willie back. She and Quentin are willing to guard Barnabas during the day so Willie really isn't needed.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 07:17:30 AM »
Julia is no guard at all, and I'm sure she and Quentin need to go out in the world and try to do other things to stop Jeb.   

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »
I just adore the Julia capture posted here!  What a treat! Thanks so much, MB!

In her first book (which is now long out of print) KLS complained (sort of) that Henry Kaplan always wanted "more, bigger, louder" reactions from the actors.  He would apparently yell "Tran-sish!" which meant the actor needed to convey a "transition" in a non-verbal way.

I love how Willie pouts thoughtfully at one point while talking to Barn...

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 07:18:42 PM »
ILuvBarnabas dear, you reminded me of something that was said in the ep.  Willie to Julia:  "When Roxanne met me, I was working at this hospital, just like I was for you at Windcliff."  Is it news that Willie was employed at Windcliff, or am I forgetting it?