Author Topic: DS Festival  (Read 686 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
DS Festival
« on: May 30, 2004, 04:28:04 PM »
I know we've done this for the last few years . . and I try again but just looking at the DS Festival website I wonder how little would be involved in the following suggestions:

• Putting the Registration Form (pdf file) on the site for folks to download and send in their registration.  I'd think that could save postage costs (and the need to send back the silly SASEs) for the organizers, yeah?
  • Use Paypal for registration (online, immediate payment. .etc.)
Just a few more whacky ideas to cut down that awful registration line, makes things easier for Letitia and quicker for the registrants. . . .
Julia99

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:DS Festival
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 05:25:57 PM »
Hi Julia 99 thats sound like a great idea.
I know when i called the Hotel and asked the girl
to mail me a confirmation she "e" mailed it to
me instead !!!  Now thats progress!!!
          Love Anne
:-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re:DS Festival
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 05:56:29 PM »
J99,

If you have the full-blown version of Acrobat, creating a pdf registration form is very easy to do, and now you can even create pdf forms that can be completed and submitted online. I attended a conference about a month ago that used that format. Whether that would work or not for the Fest would depend on what sort of functions their web server supports.

But, with the PayPal option you mentioned, they wouldn't even really need the pdf form. All they'd have to do is put the form online as it is with a button to click next to each item/service for people to add it to their shopping cart. It would not be complicated at all, and the entire process could be handled electronically.

However, not all Dark Shadows fans are that active online, so they would also need to keep the paper/snail mail options available.

Still, it would cut down on a LOT of work for PansyFaye and wouldn't be difficult to implement at all. But it would depend on whether or not the Fest considered it worth the % that PayPal would take for the use of their service.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)