Author Topic: Willie Loomis' Girlfriend  (Read 1339 times)

Offline veryvenn

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Willie Loomis' Girlfriend
« on: May 12, 2004, 01:28:23 AM »
 :I seem to remember that at some point in the story, Willie mentioned having a girl friend. Does anyone remember this? If so, did he give a name, and what was the storyline period?

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Willie Loomis' Girlfriend
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 01:31:31 AM »
Roxanne was her name. Not sure of the storyline - think it was Leviathans. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure.  ;)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 03:15:50 AM »
Yes, her name was Roxanne.....yes, it was during Leviathans....and no, she never actually appeared on the show.

Chalk it up as the most pointless reference to a non-existant character on the show......So pointless, in fact, that they promptly forgot all about her and gave the same name to someone else... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 11:55:40 AM »
I always pretended that Willie's unseen Roxanne was actually the Normal Time version of the Parallel Time Roxanne.  But how can this be, you ask, if the NT Roxanne actually turned out to be a youknowhat?  Well, let me explain.  You see, she didn't start off as a youknowhat because the post-PT story which begins in 1995 and is linked to 1840 hadn't happened yet, so Barnabas wouldn't've gone back to 1840 in which case the 1840 Roxanne wouldn't've been, well, you-know-what, so therefore until that point the 1840 Roxanne would've settled down with somebody nice and had kids who down the line would've eventually produced the NT Roxanne who wasn't a youknowhat, so, in this case........Oh, never mind.  Willie's Roxanne was a blue-haired waitress at Big Wally's Eats in Portland, Maine where she was putting herself through beauty school.  Let's just let it go at that.

Gerard

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 01:41:04 PM »
I always pretended that Willie's unseen Roxanne was actually the Normal Time version of the Parallel Time Roxanne.  But how can this be, you ask, if the NT Roxanne actually turned out to be a youknowhat?  Well, let me explain.  You see, she didn't start off as a youknowhat because the post-PT story which begins in 1995 and is linked to 1840 hadn't happened yet, so Barnabas wouldn't've gone back to 1840 in which case the 1840 Roxanne wouldn't've been, well, you-know-what, so therefore until that point the 1840 Roxanne would've settled down with somebody nice and had kids who down the line would've eventually produced the NT Roxanne who wasn't a youknowhat, so, in this case........Oh, never mind.  Willie's Roxanne was a blue-haired waitress at Big Wally's Eats in Portland, Maine where she was putting herself through beauty school.  Let's just let it go at that.

Yeah, yeah, I'll buy that!!  LOL

Or maybe Roxanne had a brother or two to carry one the genes/family name?
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 01:44:06 PM »
But I like the waitress story too, Gerard.  Except wasn't she from Bangor? Or Logansport?  Aren't they closer than Portland? :)
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 07:28:01 AM »
But how can this be, you ask, if the NT Roxanne actually turned out to be a youknowhat?  Well, let me explain.  You see, she didn't start off as a youknowhat because the post-PT story which begins in 1995 and is linked to 1840 hadn't happened yet, so Barnabas wouldn't've gone back to 1840 in which case the 1840 Roxanne wouldn't've been, well, you-know-what, so therefore until that point the 1840 Roxanne would've settled down with somebody nice and had kids who down the line would've eventually produced the NT Roxanne who wasn't a youknowhat, so, in this case

None of the 1970 Roxanne made sense.  At least in your scenario you've got the non-you-know-what being a descendant.  But, since in the 1970 we saw, she WAS a you-know-what, there's really no explanation for how she got that way.  Since at that point Barnabas hadn't gone back, presumably it happened to her in a different way.  Or, if we assume there's some sort of cycle to time, so that he really has gone back already to cause it, then she would have recognized him.  I'm sure they never considered any of it when they introduced her, and then they went back to 1840 and subsequently none of it made sense.

It always did seem funny, though, that they came up with the name Roxanne so soon after mentioning it for Willie.  Either someone really liked that name, or for some reason it just stuck in their minds and they forgot they had used it for a non-appearing character.
Josette

Offline danfling

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Willie Loomis' Girlfriend
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 01:25:07 PM »
I have always felt that the show originally intended Roxanne to be Willie's girlfriend and she and Barnabas would fall in love.

However, after the departure of Kathyn Leigh Scott as Maggie, they just decided to have a love interest for Barnabas as soon as they could, so they dropped the part about her having been Willie's girlfriend.