Author Topic: In Case You Wonder What JGL's Been Up To Lately...  (Read 690 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
In Case You Wonder What JGL's Been Up To Lately...
« on: May 09, 2009, 01:06:51 AM »
That is, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (David in the '91 series), here are several photos of him from the 500 Days of Summer premiere: ontd's favorite indie, fap inducing actor: Joseph Gordon-Levitt

(You may also want to scroll down to the near-bottom of the page to read tamburlaine's impression of the '91 series.  [ghost_wink])

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: In Case You Wonder What JGL's Been Up To Lately...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:43:12 AM »
I really think that JG-L has had a fantastic career so far.  I liked him in 3rd Rock, and while I wasn't a huge fan of his films Brick or The Lookout, I've admired him for taking some risky, indie-ish roles instead of the usual cookie-cutter pretty-boy roles.  I don't usually go for rom-coms, but I've heard amazingly good buzz about 500 Days Of Summer, and I will probably try to catch that in the theaters.   A few days ago, I heard that he was just cast in a new upcoming Christopher Nolan film called Inception... check out the other cast members:  Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy.  Yowza, I don't even know what it's going to be about yet, but I'll go see that just for the cast!

It did cross my mind that it would be so cool if JG-L could be cast in the DS film.  Chris Jennings, maybe? :)

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 03:50:29 AM »
I should clarify that I thought JG-L himself was awesome in both Brick and The Lookout (especially the latter) but just didn't care for the films themselves.  I think he is a really gifted actor.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »
He also turned in a great performance in Mysterious Skin (beware:  this is a very powerful, intense movie--not a light entertainment by any stretch of the imagination)