Poll

Who do you think should have had the honor of doing the final voiceover at ep's end?

Thayer David
5 (10.9%)
Grayson Hall
1 (2.2%)
Lara Parker
1 (2.2%)
Jon Frid
12 (26.1%)
K. L. Scott
1 (2.2%)
David Selby
1 (2.2%)
Louie Edmonds
2 (4.3%)
Joan Bennett
7 (15.2%)
Nancy Barrett
1 (2.2%)
Alexandra Moltke
9 (19.6%)
John Karlen
1 (2.2%)
Diana Millay
0 (0%)
Roger Davis
0 (0%)
Don Briscoe
0 (0%)
Kate Jackson
0 (0%)
Jerry Lacy
0 (0%)
Dennis Patrick
0 (0%)
Donna Wandrey
0 (0%)
Marie Wallace
0 (0%)
James Storm
0 (0%)
H. A. Astredo
0 (0%)
Clarice Blackburn
0 (0%)
Chris Bernau
0 (0%)
Terry Crawford
0 (0%)
Chris Pennock
0 (0%)
Joel Cruthers
0 (0%)
Virginia Vestoff
0 (0%)
Mike Stroka
0 (0%)
Mitchell Ryan
0 (0%)
Anthony George
0 (0%)
David Ford
0 (0%)
Dan Curtis
5 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: December 27, 2006, 04:27:09 AM

Author Topic: Ep 1245's final voice-over  (Read 4051 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Ep 1245's final voice-over
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 06:18:15 PM »
Why would he go to what was at that time an enemy country to the US that we'd just won our independance from?

In 1797, the war had been over for more than a decade.

Yes, but they were still our enemy.  If you recall, England tried in 1812 to bring us back into the fold.  They even burned the White House during that war.  And if you'll also recall, Joshua had NO LOVE for England or it's aristocracy as evidenced when [spoiler]he first met Natalie and scoffed that she still held a title, extolling that American belief that titles were/are ridiculous.[/spoiler]As such, I find it difficult to believe such a man would claim his only son and heir would go to such a country when there were MANY places in the new USA he could have reasonably gone-Boston, New York, Philidelphia, even out west.

for example when Burke was so suspicious of Barnabas, how come he never asked "If you're supposed to be British, where's your accent? Did you leave it behind in London?"

I can imagine Barnabas answering:  "Family tradition, Devlin.  Even in England, we remembered our American background.  But you wouldn't know anything about having family traditions, would you?  Didn't your father sweep the floors at the cannery?"

Indeed, and what a great comeback that would have been!  ;)

It seemed just right to me to have Thayer David do the final voiceover.  If Alexandra Moltke had come back for it, an awful lot of viewers would have been asking, "Who's that?"

ITA agree here, she'd been gone too long, it wouldn't have made any sense for her to come back for either the opening voiceover, or the wrap-up at the end of the episode.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"