Author Topic: Happy 213th Anniversary!  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 213th Anniversary!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:35:12 PM »
In the episodes themselves I've never heard this.

If this is so

It's definitely so. And there are several posts on the forum that point out where the months/dates in 1795/96 coincide with their eps' airdates.  [santa_smiley]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 05:26:56 AM »
I wish I could say Happy Anniversary to my favorite vamp and the witch, but seeing as how their marriage turned out to be such an utter disaster, I can't. Instead they get my sympathies(well, Barnabas does anyway).
 [santa_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 05:11:14 AM »
Sometimes I fast forward through voiceovers.

One should be careful about doing that because sometimes a voiceover establishes a plot point or points that aren't otherwise clearly defined in the storylines.

Offline fanforever

• Junior Poster
  • You and your teastrainer were absolutely brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 03:51:43 AM »
Wait a minute, wasn't it written in the Collins Family History that Josette died in the Winter of the same year of 1795/6/7? If that's so, then the dates of the past and the present could never have coincided. [easter_undecided]
There has to be more . . . More . . . MORE!!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 07:29:59 AM »
Wait a minute, wasn't it written in the Collins Family History that Josette died in the Winter of the same year of 1795/6/7? If that's so, then the dates of the past and the present could never have coincided. [easter_undecided]

Josette discovered that detail in the family history in an ep that originally aired in early January.  It should have read 1796 since, as far as the audience was concerned, the year had recently changed to 1968.  But as MB said, the year in the past wasn't stated consistently in that storyline.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 09:40:48 AM »
Wait...did Sarah send Victoria back??  I never really got that from the original [ghost_nowink], only from the 1991 version! I guess I must have missed that.  Not to change the subject sorry.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 04:36:32 PM »
Taeylor, it's what I believe happened, since Sarah, above anyone else, certainly had the motivation to send her back.  But yes, more discussion about it is best left to a new topic.   [ghost_wink]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 01:39:35 AM »
Thanks! :)  I am watching 1795 and the wedding will be coming up soon.....
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline fridfreak

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 05:50:26 AM »
Sara send Victoria back?  I thought that was part of the entire seance thing?  You know[spoiler]the real governess is replaced by Victoria[/spoiler]  Oh well I guess I'm missing something here.  In any case, 213 years of marriage!  People actually recognize that?  It was a marriage made in hell for BC to put it bluntly. [spoiler]BC is depressed, Naomi appears happy but you know she is really not happy with his choice, and Joshua didn't even show up.  There was a small celebration if i remember (and I should since I saw the episode last week) several glasses of bloody champagne for a bloody marriage!![/spoiler]
Speaking of bloody, through one of my JF yahoo groups, I came across this interview of Sam Hall.  Its quite disturbing I think.  The link is www.tvparty.com
Long live the vampire and his love (Barnabas and Maggie)

Offline fridfreak

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 05:53:56 AM »
Midnite HELP!! I swear I will get the hang of this spoiler thing.  Its killing my posts!!
Long live the vampire and his love (Barnabas and Maggie)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 06:13:21 AM »
I fixed your post for you fridfreak.  [ghost_smiley]  If you haven't already, check out the following topic on the Testing board for an explanation of how to use the spoiler tags:
We Have A Working Spoiler Feature Again!!

As for the Sam Hall interview, there's a topic about it on the Calendar Events /Announcements '09 I board:
Sam Hall interview on tvparty.com site

[ghost_wink]