Author Topic: DS Fest 2006  (Read 2796 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re: DS Fest 2006
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2005, 07:26:18 AM »
I'm still working on my husband so he'll go and we can make another NY vacation out of it.  Hopefully, the Yankees will be in town that week-end.  That will totally cinch the deal.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2005, 09:31:31 PM »
I have not been to a Fest since 1993, but I might consider going to the NY fest next August IF:

Jim Pierson's invited guest list of actors includes some of the less-prominent players, like Terry Crawford, Kathy Cody, Denise Nickerson, Lisa Richards and Donna Wandrey, plus maybe Michael Maitland and a few others who are no longer in show business. . .it would be nice to hear from them.

According to the Dark Shadows Festival, all DS actors and personnel are invited to every festival.  I think there is a limit as to how many will have their travelling expenses and hotel accomodations paid for hence the choice to not come by some of the DS actors and personnel.

And whatever falling-out there was with Jon Frid should be mended and he should be encouraged and paid--if necessary--to attend.

By Frid's own admission in 1998 while doing a charity benefit in New York, he had a problem with "someone" running the festival years ago but as far as he was concerned, that was long over with.  Also, it's worth noting that Frid has not ever said he will not ever attend another DS festival.  In fact, when asked about it at the charity events, Frid said he wasn't against attending, just was enjoying his privacy and being retired. :D

Nancy

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2005, 01:29:25 AM »
one can only imagine the pandemonium an appearance by johnathan frid would cause...i really hope he attends.

and what's up with my girl???will alexandra finally grace us with her presence?why is she so stand-off-ish with the whole thing? ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2005, 01:33:42 AM »
and what's up with my girl???will alexandra finally grace us with her presence?why is she so stand-off-ish with the whole thing? ::)

Perhaps she avoids the Fests for the same reason she went" behind the camera" rather than remain an actress: perhaps she really has no use for fame.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2005, 06:41:34 AM »

I met AM several years ago in NC (twice, actually) and she was very appreciative (and amazed) by the continued fan interest in DS.  My sense is that she was a little "scared off" by the intensity of fandom in general.  Please note that was just my impression from our conversation and not a direct quote from her.

Nancy

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2005, 05:08:52 PM »
Even though, as things stand right now, late August is bad timing for me (can't be helped I know) it's great to know this far ahead in order to get a jump start with early whining, conniving and finagling.  I really wish it was going to be in Midtown but the fact that it's NYC is good enough and I've never been to Brooklyn so that will be interesting.

Thanks so much to everyone posting photos and accounts of the Hollywood fest - if you can't be there in person you can always count on the board to get you there in spirit (lame pun intended).  I sure hated missing that one but hopefully it won't be the last in that area.

Well, here's wishing that the 40th Anniversary celebration will turn out to be the biggest and best ever!  My fingers are already crossed that our beloved Mr. Frid will attend!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2005, 06:43:39 PM »
rainey and nancy,

i hear what you guys are saying.it must be very strange.you appear for a couple of years when you're very young on a t.v. show...and nearly forty years later that work is still being discussed daily by a deeply devoted fanbase.you're either into it or your not.plus unlike many actors from the show alexandra doesn't have things like books and cds to push so there's no financial basis for her involvement.

still...one can only hope. :P

can you imagine a double bill of johnathan and alexandra at the fest?the autograph line alone could stretch for days!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2005, 07:28:22 AM »
By Frid's own admission in 1998 while doing a charity benefit in New York, he had a problem with "someone" running the festival years ago but as far as he was concerned, that was long over with.  Also, it's worth noting that Frid has not ever said he will not ever attend another DS festival.  In fact, when asked about it at the charity events, Frid said he wasn't against attending, just was enjoying his privacy and being retired.

OMG so there's a slim chance of "hope" that he may consider the 40th Anniversary?  LOL

[thewave] [thewave] [thewave]  <----- represents the waves at the foot of widow's hill and the music of the opening theme
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2005, 05:02:40 AM »
 I will plotz if Jonathan Frid decides to come to the Fest in 2006!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!  I also hope David Henesy finally makes an appearance.  I know it's unlikely, but it's the 40th anniversary so you never know!
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com