Author Topic: Floating Mistletoe - Baneful Hindrance  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Floating Mistletoe - Baneful Hindrance
« on: December 31, 2004, 07:58:33 AM »
If this floating mistletoe doesn't stop floating all over the screen soon, I'm gonna have to get a shotgun.  lol
Plus....I don't get it with the cures and curses - too confusing.  What's bad?  What's good?  Damned if I can figure it out.
It wasn't long ago that Roger Davis was floating across the screen and then some other people - can't remember who - and now THIS.

I say we take up a collection and send MB off somewhere for a rest....relaxation....maybe some regression therapy or something.  (I don't quite know what that is, but it sounds good).  lol

[santa_wink]

PS  It wouldn't be so bad if when you click it on it says, "Congratulations!  You've won a roll in the hay with   (Fill in blank)  ".....or some such thing.
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Floating Mistletoe - Baneful Hindrance
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 08:10:26 AM »
I missed all the floaties prior to the mistletoe.

I'm addicted to it and click on it every chance I get. I haven't looked at Karma in ages - mine or anyone elses.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 08:24:48 AM »
Plus....I don't get it with the cures and curses - too confusing.  What's bad?  What's good?  Damned if I can figure it out.

As I understand it - Curses are Good, and cures are bad... right guys?  LOL  ;)   Like dom said, I'm kinda addicted to it as well. Can't help it... must get...curses fix.... ahhhhhhhhhhh....needed that.   [pimp] [8285] [nut]

I say we take up a collection and send MB off somewhere for a rest....relaxation....maybe some regression therapy or something.  (I don't quite know what that is, but it sounds good).  lol

I think he's just trying to make to evil woman/person status (a good thing  [santa_evil]).  Whoopsies...wrong list. LOL

PS  It wouldn't be so bad if when you click it on it says, "Congratulations!  You've won a roll in the hay with   (Fill in blank)  ".....or some such thing.

LMAOooooooooo... Oh, I would get a kick outta that... big time!  LOL

Tired nut,

Heather

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 05:23:25 PM »
If this floating mistletoe doesn't stop floating all over the screen soon, I'm gonna have to get a shotgun.  lol

Me thinks you must be enjoying it more than you're letting on becauise so far you've caught the mistletoe seven times and have earned yourself 8 cures and 10 curses (everyone's stats show up on their public profile page). And at least you're ahead at this point.  [wink2]

Like dom said, I'm kinda addicted to it as well. Can't help it.

And that's exactly what I like to see - people who are more than willing to have some FUN!  [b003]

(Just for the record, the floating mistletoe wasn't actually something I came up with - it's been a very popular Christmas feature on SMF's Web site for the past two season's and they made the scripts for it available earlier this year.)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 08:48:18 PM »
Me thinks you must be enjoying it more than you're letting on becauise so far you've caught the mistletoe seven times and have earned yourself 8 cures and 10 curses (everyone's stats show up on their public profile page).

Is that what you thinks?  lol  (Hey - just because someone's been doing something doesn't mean they've necessarily been enjoying it.)  (My life is mute testimony to this)  lol
I keep waiting for some prize like DS Forums Bucks - redeemable for MPI DVD's or something.  I STILL haven't seen what DS looks like on DVD.

And at least you're ahead at this point.  [wink2]

Am I?  Me thinks not.  The numbers are still pretty much in the same proportion to each other as they've always been.  Proportion is the key?  Yes?  No?  [hdscrt]

And that's exactly what I like to see - people who are more than willing to have some FUN!  [b003]

Are you insinuating that I'm not?  [lghy]  Hey - I posted the topic didn't I?  Baneful Hindrance!  I thought that up all by myself!  [nut]

Happy New Year, MB!

(He gets cuter as he gets older - don't ya think, folks?)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 09:57:59 PM »
Like dom said, I'm kinda addicted to it as well. Can't help it.

And that's exactly what I like to see - people who are more than willing to have some FUN! [b003]

Chortle -  [8_2_59]

Well, MB darling, the addictive persona all started from Chuck E. Cheese.... know what I mean, kids? They stuff you with starchy pizza then innocently send the kiddies off with some golden coins to play with one tasty ticket-expelling machine after the next...a virtual microcosm of our competitive consumer driven society...a kiddie Vegas, that is...  Too much is not enough, ma... I NEED that overstuffed Chuck E. Cheese doll and the high speed racing car before its too late... only 1500 more cheese encrusted tickets, and I'll be there... ahhhhhhhhhh...

Whoops - what were we talking about? Rotfl

(Just for the record, the floating mistletoe wasn't actually something I came up with - it's been a very popular Christmas feature on SMF's Web site for the past two season's and they made the scripts for it available earlier this year.)

Well, I thank you for bringing it here... can be annoying (but only evilly so - chuckle) but its a *hoot* at the same time...

Let us pay tribute to the wonderful MODS and our webmaster on this glorious holiday:

Looking good MB, looking good...

lol   [8_2_74]   [santa_kiss]

-Heather {hugs to Connie, and the rest of yunz...}

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 11:02:55 PM »
Is that what you thinks?  lol

Yup - that's what I thinks.  [santa_azn]

And at least you're ahead at this point.  [wink2]

Am I?  Me thinks not.  The numbers are still pretty much in the same proportion to each other as they've always been.  Proportion is the key?  Yes?  No?  [hdscrt]

Not really. The whole Karma thing is completely in fun, and so long as the difference between the curses and cures falls on the curses side (meaning it's more negative than positive), anyone is doing well - even if that difference is only a -1. At this moment, your curses outweigh your cures 60 to 39, making their difference -21, so you're definitely doing well. And before you'd clicked the mistletoe an additional four more times (for a total of 11 times so far  ;)), you had actually earned more curses that cures. But the fact that you've clicked four more times shows me that you were willing to gamble getting more cures. And that certainly makes it seem as if you've embraced Karma as the just for fun thing that it is. Otherwise, why would anyone who feared them risk more cures?  [b003]  And as I told Heather in a topic on Current Talk, the people who are willing to gamble will be rewarded...

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2005, 10:39:29 AM »
But the fact that you've clicked four more times shows me that you were willing to gamble getting more cures.

Ohhhh yeah - danger's my middle name.

And that certainly makes it seem as if you've embraced Karma as the just for fun thing that it is.

You name it....I'll embrace it.

Otherwise, why would anyone who feared them risk more cures?

Damned if I know.  (Fearless - that's me).

And as I told Heather in a topic on Current Talk, the people who are willing to gamble will be rewarded...

Well, all I can say is, I'm clicking each time I see it and I've gone down hill so fast it ain't even funny.  [eek]

-CLC
Born under a bad sign
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2005, 03:45:03 PM »
Well, all I can say is, I'm clicking each time I see it and I've gone down hill so fast it ain't even funny.  [eek]

You'd better check your Karma again because the bonus points have now been factored in for everyone (execpt me) who took part (Whoa dom and Heather!! [shockeyes]). Yes, sadly that means the floating mistletoe is no more for this Christmas season.  :'(  But wipe away those tears because that doesn't mean that other floaties won't show up throughout the coming year. In fact, everyone can look forward to seeing something floating across their monitor screens on at least five more occasions...

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005, 05:59:22 PM »
Problem with the floating mistletoe is that when I see something floating along so tantalizingly, my immediate instinct is to go for the shotgun, which can have a detrimental effect on computer screens.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2005, 04:59:56 AM »
Can we float someone else 's hair over?.... oh sorry wrong post/site (wanted johnny damon's hair)
just wanted to ask i lost track of the cures/curses didn't you reverse them a while back ago?
i feel like Miss Vicki "i don't understand!" [santa_cheesy]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2005, 07:50:06 AM »
Woohoo!  Look at all those bonus points factored in now! [santa_grin]  Holy cats!  How cool!  Thanks, MB!  This was fun! [hello]

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2005, 11:19:57 AM »
You'd better check your Karma again because the bonus points have now been factored in for everyone (execpt me) who took part (Whoa dom and Heather!! [shockeyes]).

Oh MY Gaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwddddd!!!!   [santa_shocked]

What in the fudge...?!  [santa_cheesy]  Wow - I had 24 curse points before the clicking orgy started,  and now it's over 600?!

Sweet divine goddess, I'm in heaven... lmao   [santa_wink]

Yes, sadly that means the floating mistletoe is no more for this Christmas season. :'( But wipe away those tears because that doesn't mean that other floaties won't show up throughout the coming year. In fact, everyone can look forward to seeing something floating across their monitor screens on at least five more occasions...

Very interesting...  [santa_azn]

My oddball wish list:

Different fav characters floating gracefully across the screen (not just one GH or DB pic will do ;)); various accessories floating across the screen (brandy snifter, Julia's medallion, Julia's medical bag, Liz' tea service, Barn's cane...); a 'mystery' floatie wherein you really click at your own risk...points awarded, taken away, or just have various characters pop up and say something annoyingly cheeky...(yeah, I'm a nut like that).  [santa_grin]

And, speaking of such awards... I secretly hope that there'll be a custom title competition one day down the road.   [santa_evil]   [santa_kiss]

Okay, get to it.  LOL    [santa_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2005, 05:13:06 PM »
Different fav characters floating gracefully across the screen (not just one GH or DB pic will do ;)); various accessories floating across the screen (brandy snifter, Julia's medallion, Julia's medical bag, Liz' tea service, Barn's cane...); a 'mystery' floatie wherein you really click at your own risk...points awarded, taken away, or just have various characters pop up and say something annoyingly cheeky...(yeah, I'm a nut like that).  [santa_grin]

All great ideas!  [thumb]  But the future floaties are all tied to the occasions they'll pop up during, so, sadly, you most probably won't be seeing anything like your ideas in the foreseeable future.  :(

(And BTW, I was just over on SMF's site catching up on the latest posts and their mistletoe is *still* active - and it's been active since *before* Christmas. So, by comparision, ours was barely active at all!  ;))

And, speaking of such awards... I secretly hope that there'll be a custom title competition one day down the road.   [santa_evil]   [santa_kiss]

Thanks for reminding me. We haven't had a custom title competition in a LOOOOONG time, so we're definitely due for one. I'll try to think up something for the not too distant future.  :)