Author Topic: DS The Beginning DVD Disc Problems?  (Read 4401 times)

Offline mpi_marketing

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: DS The Beginning DVD Disc Problems?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »
This information will be going out to all DVD Club members via email this afternoon regarding the disc issue:

"We have discovered that Disc 4 of Dark Shadows - The Beginning Collection 1 is defective. Due to a manufacturing error, several episodes on Disc 4 are missing the closing credits and small portions at the end of the episodes. (Discs 1-3 are not affected.) We apologize for this inconvenience and we will be sending a replacement disc to the Dark Shadows DVD Club Members who have had Dark Shadows The Beginning Collection 1 shipped to them prior to February 1st.

Club members do not need to contact MPI to receive the corrected disc.  We will be sending the corrected disc to all club members who have received Dark Shadows The Beginning Collection 1 through the DVD Club.

Club members who have yet to have this collection shipped through the club will receive the corrected version in the set when they are on this installment.

Thank you for your understanding and your interest in Dark Shadows."

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 10:03:02 PM »
Thanks for the heads up - glad to hear the situation will be corrected.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 10:51:32 PM »
For all of the grousing about the fact that this series is being sold exclusively through the DVD club first, here's a situation where it's actually a good thing. MPI knows exactly who's purchased copies of the set and will be able to remedy the problem. Had the discs gone out through outlets like Amazon, every buyer would've had to contact them individually, assuming that they recognized the problem as a defect with the disc.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 11:52:30 PM »
Well, one thing's for sure:  I'll wait until this situation has been corrected, and THEN I'll consider the MPI deal!

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 01:25:07 AM »
First-class action on the part of MPI! 
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 01:59:47 AM »
After reading about this, I'm glad I'm not in the DVD club and decided to wait until the collection is released to the general public before buying them.  By then, any glitches should be corrected.  Cudos to MPI for correcting the problem so quickily.

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Re: Question to mpi_marketing
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 02:09:40 AM »
I have a question for MPI_Marketing:

Does MPI plan on distributing The Beginning series [pre-Barnabas DVD sets] to the public via retailers?  If so, do you know or can you say when that would be?

I hope it's ok to ask this here since this thread is about the DVDs.  If not, tell me where so others who are interested can get the same answer.  Thanks.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 03:37:18 AM »
mpi_marketing has already addressed the issue. Search through their posts.  ;)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 05:51:13 AM »
I've seen a lot of MPI bashing on posts over the years--and even bashed MPI myself once for the audio mix on Dan Curtis's Dorian Gray/Turn of the Screw DVDs--but since I joined the DS DVD club a few years back, I have nothing but positive comments for MPI.  As a member, I've received a few freebie goodies, and advance notice and delivery of some specials.  Even when there have been mistakes in ordering or billing (few and far between,  BTW), I've received courteous and prompt customer service, by both email and phone.  So....let's not be too hard on MPI for a few errors once in great while.  After all, without MPI's interest in DS and Dan Curtis, we probably wouldn't even have the DS series on home video and would have to rely on the VHS tapes we recorded from SciFi channel starting nearly 15 years ago.  (Frankly, I love the DVD releases for the clarity of video and audio materials, and the extras.)

Brian

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 05:54:21 AM »
Thanks MB!  Just did and got my answer. ;D
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2007, 06:08:18 AM »
My question is has anyone who has already gotten their DVD set gotten the email that was mentioned in the MPI response?  I only ask because I got the set from MPI the week it came out and I have not gotten any email from MPI.

Raholt

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2007, 06:15:19 AM »
Raholt, I received the email yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.

Did they email you when your set was shipped?

It's great to see you, btw.

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2007, 06:39:26 AM »
Actually, when my set was shipped I got a series of emails, one a day from January 17 - 22.  My set shipped on the 19 th.  All the emails said the same thing, telling me my set had shipped and all but the first one gave me the tracking info.  I did wonder then if they would ever stop emailing so they do have my email address.  I have not tried to contact them about the problem, as I had not looked at the episodes and only heard about the problem yesterday.  My understand was that whether or not you had contacted them about the problem that you would get an email and eventually a replacement.  Odd.

It is nice to be back agian.

Raholt

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2007, 08:28:29 AM »
Welcome back, Raholt!!   :) :)  That sure is a name from long ago!
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 09:26:21 AM »
Actually, when my set was shipped I got a series of emails, one a day from January 17 - 22.  My set shipped on the 19 th.  All the emails said the same thing, telling me my set had shipped and all but the first one gave me the tracking info.  I did wonder then if they would ever stop emailing so they do have my email address.

LOL  Dom and I joked between us about that same thing.

I have not tried to contact them about the problem, as I had not looked at the episodes and only heard about the problem yesterday.  My understand was that whether or not you had contacted them about the problem that you would get an email and eventually a replacement.

That's correct.  Their email stated, "Club members do not need to contact MPI to receive the corrected disc. We will be sending the corrected disc to all club members who have received Dark Shadows the Beginning Collection 1 through the DVD Club."