Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1089  (Read 601 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1089
« on: July 27, 2016, 08:36:20 PM »
Robservation #1089

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1089

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 09:23:40 PM »
Gerard walks towards Elizabeth reminiscent of Cassandra. David and Hallie plan to stand on Gerard's grave at midnight since they have not seen him for 2 days. Julia gathered a pile a books from the upstairs library and learns that in 1841 the Java Queen shipwrecked nearby. Gerard is in the cemetery and the teens run off and back to the house where Julia catches them and they claim they were stargazing. David takes a note that Julia had and goes to fly a green flag three times in the tower and graves start to rumble in the cemetery. I'm not quite sure why some of this is happening when the teens are already under Gerard's spell.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 10:22:52 PM »
Elizabeth is now another of Gerard's slaves. All too predictable. She's somewhat more zombiefied that she was during the Leviathan story. Julia should pick up on the change in her behavior but, once again, doesn't. So far all Gerard has Elizabeth do is place that bust on the top of the staircase. Julia recognizes it as the thing that nearly fell on her in 1995. First of all, it's an extremely stupid place to put something breakable. Anyone could have knocked it over. The future Collinwood is in major disarray. The front door was likely askew. But that bust stayed there for 25 years?
Julia is back to the research. How exciting. The family is falling apart all around her but Julia seems preoccupied with a shipwreck in 1841. It's hard not to agree with Elizabeth here. It's a coincidence. Do something proactive, Julia. Persuade Eliot to take Hallie out of Collinwood. Install baby monitors in the kid's rooms. Have a seance. Do something!
Nothing like a trip to the cemetery to fill some time. Does anyone monitor where these kids are at all hours of the day and night? They find the grave of He Who Sneers. The inscription on the tombstone should be enough to indicate that they're barking up the wrong cemetery. But David thinks that he can score some brownie points with Gerard by waving a green flag? The green flag in auto racing means that the race is starting. Here it apparently means Calling all Cuthroats.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 03:08:12 AM »
Uncle Roger,

I've always wondered why Prof. Stokes brought his niece, Hallie, to Collinwood in the first place after both her parents were apparently killed in a recent automobile accident.

I mean, Collinwood is the LAST place I would want to bring someone, who had just experienced such a tragic event! 

After having just defeated Jeb Hawks and the Leviathans (not to mention discovering the Parallel Time room and learning of Barnabas and Julia's frightening journey to 1995), the professor should have taken Hallie to Boston, New York City or even the Mojave Desert rather than spooky, old Collinwood!

Bob

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 03:41:54 AM »
I agree with you completely, Bob. Having Amy move into Collinwood made a little more sense as the kid really had no where else to go. But Hallie does. While Eliot is certainly more responsible than My Brother the Werewolf, he must have some reason for not wanting Hallie in his swinging bachelor pad. Is Adam still there? Plus, Eliot is privy to a lot of the mumbo jumbo that the others are not. When you come down to it, Hallie might have been safer during the Hanoi bombings.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 05:44:06 PM »
It's not believable that Quentin doesn't 'get it'. I mean, he KNOWS about witches, vamps, werewolves; why doesn't he believe what B&J have warned him of???

Agreed about Liz....wonderful actress, down to the lower end. Lets face it; our Moms who watched were probably drawn in by Joan Bennett.

or even the Mojave Desert rather than spooky, old Collinwood!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Patti

[edited by admin]
What a Woman!