Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1086  (Read 530 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1086
« on: July 12, 2016, 05:58:40 PM »
Robservations #1086

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1086

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 06:07:26 PM »
1086 - NOTES - Quentin used to have an edge, but he's lost it here, and he's no fun.

Absolutely spot on!

BTW, where's Barn been?
What a Woman!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
The room turns back to,the closet again on David and Hallie.  Later they go into David's room and Hallie wants to run away the door locks, but not the window so David  climbs out. Aunt Elizabeth finds Hallie locked in and that rascal David is blamed. I mean, what do you do with a sixteen year old girl, but lock her in your room and leave?  Suddenly there is a pirates flag on Gerard's ship. So he is a pirate in Maine. Will he be plundering those herring catches? 
David dreams of Q and Elizabeth dresses in old clothes and David and Hallie see dead Carrie and Tad. Hallie had the same dream and the frowny  Gerard is in the room with them.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 05:44:29 PM »
Elizabeth seems very uneasy about a vague notation in her horoscope. She'd probably be more uneasy if she knew how many of the fake predictions were actually coming true.
Quentin conveniently finds an 1840 journal written by his namesake. He refers to this Quentin as his great grand uncle. Elizabeth doesn't pick up on it but shouldn't there be more generations separating the two?
Hallie and David are quite busy this episode. First, Carrie and Tad try to entice them up the staircase through time. Then they are locked in David's bedroom by one of the many spooks. A pirate flag appears on the Java Queen (signifying what?) And at the last moment, they meet said stranger: He Who Sneers.
Most interesting to me in their apparently Gerard induced shared nightmare. I don't think this was meant as a preview of 1840, as Joan Bennett is clearly called Elizabeth. Perhaps a warning of their impending fate.....
Fade Away and Radiate