Author Topic: My Favorite Thing about 1841PT  (Read 5932 times)

IluvBarnabas

Re: My Favorite Thing about 1841PT
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 10:46:11 PM »
After hearing such negative comments about 1841 PT I was preparing to hate it...I was just gonna buy 25 and only watch the conclusion of the 1840 RT story, but I decided what the hey I'll watch 1841...and to my surprise I am enjoying it!

It is odd watching Jonathan play a character other than Barnabas and Lara the heroine rather than the villian but they both pull it off nicely.

It's great to see John Karlen and Nancy Barrett still click together....you know I never would have dreamed they would have been so great together, especially watching the old black and white episodes when Carolyn was the spoiled rich girl and Willie the grave-robbing scoundrel. But seeing them as Desmond and Letica and then Melanie and Kendrick, they are just too adorable!

So cheers to PT 1841!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2006, 01:48:37 AM »
So cheers to PT 1841!

And another 1841PT fan is born.  ;)

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2006, 04:01:43 PM »
My favorite thing about PT1841 is how Jonathan and Lara really sizzle up the screen as Bramwell and Catherine, and I agree, Jonathan getting another character did help reenergize his acting...

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2006, 04:30:44 PM »
....you know I never would have dreamed they would have been so great together, especially watching the old black and white episodes when Carolyn was the spoiled rich girl and Willie the grave-robbing scoundrel.
I definitely see what you mean and I think it's a testament to the acting abilities and range of two of the best actors on DS.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 04:36:52 PM »
I too was prepared to dislike 1841 PT, then I found myself really enjoying it!

It was interesting to see Bramwell and Catherine together, and that instead of being part of the "rich Collins" family, he is a poor relation trying to prove his worth to himself, his family and Catherine.

This time, it is he who is obsessed with someone, although Catherine really loved him, it was fascinating to see how their roles were reversed in a way, as Angelique is usually the vengeful rejected person.

I too am a fan of 1841 PT!  ;D
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »
This time, it is he who is obsessed with someone, although Catherine really loved him, it was fascinating to see how their roles were reversed in a way, as Angelique is usually the vengeful rejected person.

Well, you ALL know how *I* feel about 1841 PT, LOL!   [hall2_grin]

Regarding the above comment, I love the scene where [spoiler]Josette is consoling Bramwell because he just can't get the girl and she says something like, "I know how much you love her son" and he retorts, "Love?  I wonder.  Maybe I'm just OBSESSED w/her!"[/spoiler]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"