Author Topic: Anyone know anything new on WB dark shadows pilot  (Read 15051 times)

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
Re:Anyone know anything new on WB dark shadows pilot
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2004, 09:29:38 AM »
I am excited about the fact that there is a possibility of a new version of Dark Shadows. I am open to anything as long as it is done well in terms of characterization/story/acting, etc, whether it is a "remake" or a continuation, or a completely new story. Whether or not established fans enjoy a possible remake or not, one good thing that could come out of it is an increased interest in the original DS ---- which is far more important to me. I want MPI to continue issuing DVDs and video tapes and for the original to show on t.v. again for many years to come!

Wiley
Wiley S.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2004, 03:56:19 PM »
My 13 year old is a big fan of The WB and i can't wait to see her face if  a DS show "invades" her world[lol2]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2004, 06:17:47 PM »

I'm for giving a new DS a shot.  It might be the most awful thing ever produced....or it might be the witty, crafty, sly, creepy, lush, diabolical, guilty pleasure we all wish for.  Either way, we'll still always have the original, so it costs us nothing.

I agree with you. I'm going to give it a chance. My heart is hoping for the best, my logic is saying look what The WB has produced in the past (with a few notable exceptions) and it doesn't seem very hopeful but, I'm going to give it a try. That's all I can do.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2004, 06:44:32 PM »

I think the series will have a fighting chance if they do not choose to retell the girl on the train and the Josette/Barnabas tale yet again. It's not that neither weren't enormously important to the series, it's just that he's reheating left-overs for the umpteenth time and it really doesn't work for me.

I can see your point but, the majority of potential viewers will not have ever seen the Barnabas/Josette storyline or a Victoria Winters coming of age. I think that there is a place for these plots to fit into the new show.  The vampire storyline has to be strong and we all know that the original Barnabas had teenage girls and young women swooning and screaming for him big time. Young girls/women are still coming of age today and I think that they will relate to an updated Victoria Winters story totally relevant to how they are seeing through their eyes the world today. A brand new Dark Shadows can definitely have a fresh face but there are still some of the same things that appeal to each generation IMO.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf