Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0268  (Read 845 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0268
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:50:36 AM »
Robservations - #268

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0268

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:46:33 PM »
On the day before her wedding, Elizabeth makes her farewells to those she loves, then makes a notation in the family Bible. More great stuff from JB--and everyone else, really.

Vicki returns home, hears about Elizabeth from Carolyn, then races up to Elizabeth's room, where she finds the Bible--and the newly recorded milestone.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth is standing at the edge of the cliff, while the widows call to her again....

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 04:01:28 AM »
It's depressing that Elizabeth feels that this is her only way out. I know she feels trapped in a corner, but I wished she had realized when she was talking with Carolyn and David just how much devastation her death would cause either of them. David adores hers, in a lot of ways she's more of a mother to him than Laura ever was. I know Carolyn is rebelling against her right now, but she wouldn't be doing that if she didn't care about her mother's being forced into marrying Jason.

Can't really be too hard on Elizabeth though....she is also probably exhausted from carrying those heavy years of guilt over Paul's 'disappearance' and her role in it. Until Jason came along, she at least managed to stay strong, but couldn't bring herself to leave Collinwood. But Jason's reappearing and bearing down on her so hard has finally driven her to the breaking point.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 05:34:19 AM »
My thought after today's episode was: I like Joan Bennett when she's playing a character who's slightly off her rocker. 

It's depressing that Elizabeth feels that this is her only way out. I know she feels trapped in a corner, but I wished she had realized when she was talking with Carolyn and David just how much devastation her death would cause either of them.
Which would cause more devastation: Elizabeth's suicide, or Elizabeth being convicted in a sensational trial for the murder of Carolyn's father?

It suddenly occurred to me today that the Collins family Bible is of very recent vintage.  Otherwise Roger wouldn't have been listed in it before Elizabeth.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »
It suddenly occurred to me today that the Collins family Bible is of very recent vintage.  Otherwise Roger wouldn't have been listed in it before Elizabeth.

Very true, ha ha!!! Maybe the egotistical Roger made those entries and put himself first.[ghost_cheesy]

If we are to judge from what Elizabeth told Jason recently, she apparently thinks that her suicide would spare Carolyn the shame and scandal of seeing her mother convicted of murdering her father in a sensational murder trial.

JB really does this part very well, doesn't she.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 06:47:53 PM »
The widows call to Elizabeth again.  Snooping Vickie finally learns some useful information.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times