Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1029  (Read 798 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1029
« on: January 11, 2016, 12:06:00 AM »
Robservations #1029

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1029

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 12:08:20 AM »
Lara VO?  Interesting meeting, Ang and Yaeger in Maggie's room.  If the kidnapping is Ang's idea of a good plan, though, she may as well just have let Maggie stay in NYC...? 

I remember some moment where it was revealed that the foyer clock was Barnabas's wedding gift to Josette.  I wait to hear that again, and am wondering if I imagined it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 02:26:23 AM »
Daniel has homework? Since there is no mention or evidence of a governess or tutor, does that mean that he attends public school?
Angelique is pretty close to at least one of Barnabas' secrets. She pretty much has the parallel time concept down. I do wonder why no one in this time band had experienced the warp prior to Barnabas showing up. Angelique lived in that room for some time but apparently experienced none of the room changing.
Yaeger has upped his level. It's no longer enough to fondle Maggie's gloves. He's moved up to her entire wardrobe. He and Angelique have a mutual use situation going on here. He may think that he has the upper hand here. Obviously he does not.
Maggie refuses to believe Barnabas' warning her about Alexis. Quentin won't listen either. Too bad.
And so, Dark Shadows embarks on its version of The Collector.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 04:03:53 AM »
I remember some moment where it was revealed that the foyer clock was Barnabas's wedding gift to Josette.  I wait to hear that again, and am wondering if I imagined it.

Well, if you're thinking of Ep #357 in which Julia had her notebook hidden in the clock and when Roger told her "the original" Barnabas had the clock made as a wedding present for Josette (for her marriage to Jeremiah because that was the Josette backstory in those eps) and upon hearing that tidbit of history Julia burst out laughing, then you definitely didn't imagine it.  [ghost_nowink]  But like so much else that we learned back in Eps #1 through #365, the validity of any info connected to Josette and/or Jeremiah is highly suspect...

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 05:36:42 PM »
Funny meeting of Angelique and Yaeger! For once, Yaeger realizes he's met his match and agrees to her "finishing touches" to his plan to kidnap Maggie.

Angeliques in all dimensions always pick the most public places to practice their supposedly secret craft. Parallel Angelique is sitting by the fire in the drawing room holding up Maggie’s hanky as she tells Maggie that she should just give up on Quentin.

Evidently no one bothers to wind the clocks at Collinwood. It's 11:00 for quite a few scenes that definitely aren't happening simultaneously. 

Yaeger jumps out of the fog on Widows Hill and grabs Maggie. She screams, he laughs. The screams and laughter continue even as the scene changes to Collinwood, I suppose because they were filming nonstop.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 03:24:30 AM »
A and B going at it again. She brings up PT and he plays dumb. Later Q suspects Maggie is the witch. I know A Was spending time with everyone,but Q,whom  suddenly she now craves, but one would think he'd have caught on to her long ago. The comings and goings of character in PT is very jarring. Introduced and then gone for long periods such as Daniel.  Trask, Roger. Etc.  and then other just disappear.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 11:14:19 PM »
And where the hell is Bruno right now?!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 11:46:52 PM »
He's just off the canvas for an extended period. His absence is never addressed. He will pop up further into the storyline.
Fade Away and Radiate