Author Topic: What Is Wrong With the Graphic?......  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
What Is Wrong With the Graphic?......
« on: October 07, 2002, 02:36:20 PM »
....and could you please fix it?
The sliding pages are nice....but sliding from a page to a white page that flashes to a page is visually irritating beyond belief!!

I'm already courting blindness here, Mr. Benefactor...:(

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What Is Wrong With the Graphic?......
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 08:41:54 PM »
Hi MB,
    I am also getting the white page thing.  Being a technophobe, I always assume I must have done something wrong.  I am also getting error msg#4 when I log out. It states that I am attempting to access ds boards when if fact I am attemptint to leave.
*Thank-you, Raineypark.  I would have been to embarrassed to bring this up myself.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 08:51:35 PM »
Think nothing of it onyx_treasure.....I never miss a chance to ask MB stupid questions.....they give meaning to his days. [lghy]

Seriously, NEVER EVER hesitate to ask Midnite and MB questions.  They are eternally patient and VERY good teachers. ;)

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2002, 09:05:39 PM »
    Thank-you for the encouragement, Rainey.  The white page thing has stopped now.  What a relief?  I was ready to blame AOL.  I have been having a terrible time with their access numbers. The AOL welcome won't even load let alone access to my mail.  Sometimes, it throws me off all together.  It has a message that says type "system response" to report problems but if it is not working in the first place you can't get to report the problem.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2002, 01:30:56 AM »
Thanks for your patience!  MB has been working on the board since this morning.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2002, 02:21:08 AM »
Thanks for your patience!  MB has been working on the board since this morning.

Somehow........I think we knew that! ;)
R/P
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2002, 02:34:03 AM »
Somehow........I think we knew that! ;)
R/P

Yes, that was my fault. Last night I made some adjustments to the forum's template, but I'd edited the copy that's stored on my hard drive and uploaded it, rather than editing the one that's stored on the server. I'd forgotten to backup that one after I'd removed the gradient filter that had the background color changing from black at the top of a page to gray at the bottom. The interworking of the gradient filter and the slide transition causes an x-ray effect during the transition, which is why I'd removed the gradient in the first place. As soon as I'd read this topic and realized what had happened, I fixed it. :)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2002, 03:09:08 AM »
?!?.....WHAT?

....Never mind! ::)

Rain
Dylan Thomas

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2002, 03:26:42 AM »
I'm learning that patience is virtue.

Just wait a bit and whatever will be corrected the next time you use the board.  No sense getting hysterical over nothing. You don't know how many times(a few) that I wrote Midnight about some problem or another than eventually resolved before she answered me.

At one time, the site dissolved into several horizontal lines into the next topic. I was going to question it but I didn't and never saw it again.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2002, 04:15:51 AM »
At one time, the site dissolved into several horizontal lines into the next topic. I was going to question it but I didn't and never saw it again.

That was a different transition that I was trying but decided I didn't like. ;)

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2002, 06:02:23 AM »
That was a different transition that I was trying but decided I didn't like.

I did. ;)

[shadow=black,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2002, 06:09:20 AM »
I did. ;)

It was a cool effect - but the problem was that it didn't show up often enough. Entering pages was supposed to have the blinds effect and leaving them the slide, but more often than not the slide seemed to only occur after the blinds transition had already run. :-/

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2002, 12:10:16 AM »
 I am also getting error msg#4 when I log out. It states that I am attempting to access ds boards when if fact I am attemptint to leave.

I just got the same error message when I logged out.  I haven't logged out in....weeks, probably.....but I just did because I've changed my password.  I had no problem logging right back on...but I did get that message telling me I'm trying to access the board when I'm actually logging out!

Rainey
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2002, 01:39:39 AM »
The logout message comes up because of a security measure I've installed. I'll fix it eventually. But unfortunately, right now I'm working with someone at YABB on a far more pressing matter. Once it's been coded, it's going to require me to take the forum offline for quite some time - but I'll try to start it around 1 or 2am et/10 or 11pm pt (sorry nightowls like Josette, Cassandra, Connie, etc. :() and I'll post a notice well in advance of the shut down. The changes will also require a few (but only a few) people to update their bookmark for the forum. (I'll try to e-mail those people privately)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2002, 07:55:39 AM »
Once it's been coded, it's going to require me to take the forum offline for quite some time - but I'll try to start it around 1 or 2am et/10 or 11pm pt (sorry nightowls like Josette, Cassandra, Connie, etc. :() and I'll post a notice well in advance of the shut down.

Actually, I came up with a different way of doing things that won't require me to take the forum offline at all. :)

The changes will also require a few (but only a few) people to update their bookmark for the forum. (I'll try to e-mail those people privately)

The changes will still require those few people to update their bookmark, but I won't have to e-mail them because when they first enter the forum a message will come up showing them the URL they must use, and instructing them to update their bookmark. ;)