Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #(0131_)0132  (Read 993 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #(0131_)0132
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:11:21 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #(0131_)0132
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 07:43:22 AM »
At the end of the kitchen/dining room scene, they frame Roger's head with the arch in the background.   Well, I thought it was slightly interesting.   Promo for "The Invaders"!  With Roy Thinnes...

All the mystery regarding Laura and the nature of her connection to / influence on David was well handled.  Now, this storyline is blending in with other DS storylines, in my head, but when I first saw the first Laura story, over the holidays (Xmas 2011), it was a very strange feeling, watching something like this happen for the first time on DS.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:33:40 PM »
Yes, suitably spooky. Nice bit with David dreaming.

When Vicki goes to bring David to the drawing room, Alexandra Moltke doesn't go up the stairs, and you can see some of the joins of the sets.

David is better at history than at math. Hmmm....

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »
I guess I better watch this episode again, because I didn't notice any of those cool things. The only comment I had to say was that it must be a mild winter with the kid opening the window all the time.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »
Well, the Gulf Stream does pass right next to Maine, so maybe the climate was somewhat moderated. Or maybe they were having an El Niņo year.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 02:52:21 AM »
Well, the Gulf Stream does pass right next to Maine, so maybe the climate was somewhat moderated. Or maybe they were having an El Niņo year.

That's what's happening this year in New England.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
The family minus Carolyn is gathered around the breakfast table and we learn David hasn't seen Laura since he was five. Roger naturally is all for getting rid of David and accuses his sister of wanting him. Vickie reveals to David that she was angry as he as a child and finally we get some. Motivation as to why Vickie is so determined to work with him. Roger is reduced to doing Matthews work as Elizabeth tells him he is tactless and she will tell David about Laura. Their interactions are so much fun. David reveals he already knows he saw Laura in a blue coat looking into the fire.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 12:56:12 PM »
That's what's happening this year in New England.
Hurrah for El Niņo, then.  I look around at the bare ground, and I remember the snow that was there last year on this date, and I'm very happy.

There were lots of scenes between Elizabeth and Roger today, and I should have been in seventh heaven, but it seemed to me that something didn't click.  I'm inclined to feel that the problem was not on Joan Bennett's side, even though she made a blooper a two, because her scene with David was very nice.  The episode was filmed on Monday, December 19, so naturally I wondered what Louis Edmonds had been doing on Sunday the 18th...but it wouldn't do to speculate.

So David's having trouble with long division, and Vicky's answer is: Another quiz!