Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0128  (Read 1068 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0128
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0128
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:47:11 AM »
Maggie mentions "the Langs" as one of the Collinsport families whom she thinks Laura might belong to.   Sam gets to tell Roger Laura's back... making as big a production out of it as one guy just sitting at a table can.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
Somehow Maggie already seems to know that Vicki saw the ghost of Josette. When Joe walks into the diner, she greets him cheerfully with, What do you hear from the morgue?

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:31:37 PM »
Joe picks a powdered sugar donut. I was anxiously waiting for him to get some on his sweater. There was something white on his on his sweater, but I couldn’t tell if it was powdered sugar or a pill.

If Bob the Bartender is disgusted at Sam’s drunkenness, why does he keep giving him refills?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:34:11 PM »
After first appearing in a rather summery-looking outfit, Laura returns to the diner in a wool coat with a dark fur collar.

I guess Bob was mistakenly relying on Joe to keep Sam from getting sloppy. Maybe he's a laissez-faire bartender.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 08:56:12 PM »
Somehow Maggie already seems to know that Vicki saw the ghost of Josette.

I have some notes I wrote about that.

I realize Collinsport isn’t a mega metropolis and that news spreads quickly in small towns, but Maggie is all up to date on the gossip in record time. She’s already heard that Matthew died of fright and that Vicki saw Josette’s ghost. She’s got the scoop on the autopsy report. This girl digs up this stuff so quick, she ought to think about becoming a reporter.

Joe smacks Maggie on the butt. Heh, heh...

Pretty cool how David Ford goes from the Blue Whale set with a lit cigarette to the location shot in Essex with a lit cigarette.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »
Sam seems to have gotten bombed in record time, but then he can suck them down. The look on Rogers's face when Sam said Laura's back in town was great.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:39 AM »
Somehow Maggie already seems to know that Vicki saw the ghost of Josette.
Maggie mentioned Sheriff Patterson, so I figure he came in for a powdered donut and told Maggie everything, right down to the state of Matthew's underwear.

I really enjoyed this episode.  I love the Old House interior set – the dilapidation and trash, and Josette’s portrait serenely reigning over it all – but the coffeeshop makes a welcome contrast.  Ever since I read Kathryn Leigh Scott's Dark Shadows novel, I've been appreciating the detail in the coffeeshop.

I trust David Ford was having a whale of a time in his scene with Louis Edmonds, and meanwhile I was surprised that Sam actually forced Roger to play his game.  It was very effective for me; it really got me thinking about the ramifications of Laura's return.  For nearly six months we've dealt with the same set of characters (with the occasional deletion, and the insignificant swapping out of Inspector Carter for Sheriff Patterson) and now we've got an entirely new character to stir things up.