Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1189  (Read 761 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1189
« on: April 07, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1189
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:25 PM »
The family's discovery of Edith's death happened completely between this and the last episodes.   We don't know who discovered Edith or how, re-discovered I mean.   Daphne's missing.   ***  [spoiler]I wonder if Joanna was thrown into this storyline without the writers knowing what she was.   She seems to speak and act pretty alive.   She expects to go away with Q1.   As a ghost?[/spoiler]   So much for Stella.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:12:19 AM »
The family's discovery of Edith's death happened completely between this and the last episodes.   We don't know who discovered Edith or how, re-discovered I mean.   Daphne's missing.
I think the idea is that Gabriel tells everyone that Daphne discovered Edith, so no rediscovery is needed.

Gosh, Joanna doesn't ask for much, does she?  "Quentin, you and Desmond escape from jail.  Of course I shan't lift a finger to help you.  I'm just going to stand outside waiting for you."  Well, they almost made it.  The guard was pretty silly, walking into the jail cell, but he turned out not to be entirely useless.  Oddly enough, he reminded me of Noah Gifford.  Maybe it was his belt, I don't know.

I like the detail of Julia having to go from the Old House to Collinwood to get her medical bag; it explained nicely why she didn't come back with Leticia so that they had an excuse for not bringing in Grayson Hall for the episode (me I'd be looking for excuses to bring Hall in, not keep her out, but that's me) but Julia really should have sent Leticia to Collinwood for the medical bag and gone straight to the fishing shack to examine Desmond.

I adore 1841 parallel time.  I daresay there are reasons, but I'm not sure.  I suspect that the things that I love in 1841 parallel time are things that I would hate in 1840, so reasons don't matter.  I just love it.  I love puling, mewling Stella.  She's such a helpless ninny - so totally retro.  "What are you doing with that knife?" she squeaks.  And of course we can't see the knife-bearer; that would not be playing the game.  I'm in heaven.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 02:21:47 PM »
Gabriel offering up the information to the family that Daphne found Edith dead, and that Daphne then just went away someplace, seems odd.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »
Very nice little scene with Desmond and Leticia, who gets her man--the right one--at last. They are so sweet together.

Parallel Gabriel is, if anything, even more revolting that "our" Gabriel. But that's the fun of it!

Joanna has certainly made a lot of complicated plans in a very short time. But she doesn't seem to be too concerned that her beloved younger sister is missing.

The foyer clock chimes 11:00, and in the very next scene, at the jail, the clock there chimes 11:00 too! For once the clocks in the Collins Universe are actually synchronized!