Author Topic: Characters Seen as Kids or Teenangers  (Read 1011 times)

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
Characters Seen as Kids or Teenangers
« on: April 10, 2006, 09:25:50 PM »
Hello to All Cousins! :)

I have a month left until I start back school. My son is doing well. I am still hunting for a new job. :-*

Question: If DS had a storyline of characters seen as kids and/or teenagers, who would you have liked to have seen as a kid or teenage and why?

dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Characters Seen as Kids or Teenangers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 09:57:41 PM »
And if we'd seen Roger as a kid, would he have been played by David Henesy?   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 10:20:58 PM »
Well, they have done it before, only once though, as I can remember. Daniel Collins was played by David Henesy and Louis Edmonds. I'd assume that the same sort of thing would play out. Perhaps Denise Nickerson could have played a younger Joan Bennett role, though it would have been better to cast a girl with darker hair in a role like that. Kathy Cody could have played a young teen Nancy Barrett role. Oh, the possibilities.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 12:19:57 AM »
i think a storyline covering the early teenage years of carolyn,maggie and vicki would be great.the backstories are probably fascinating.

roger and laura were living in augusta,me. for many years and roger and david only returned to collinsport shortly before the time that the show first began.so for many,many years carolyn,her mother and matthew morgan were the only people living at collinwood.she must have had a very sheltered and lonely childhood living with this reclusive woman who never left the house.

maggie's upbringing was probably difficult as well.it would be interesting to see the story pick up when her mother was still alive and the impact her death had on her father.perhaps the time of the car crash would be a good place for the storyline to start.

and it would be interesting as well to see a parallel storyline showing us vicki's formulative years at the foundling home in new york.was there some sort of forshadowing even then about her future at collinwood?

since these three characters are close in age it would make the most sense to intertwine their stories.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 02:47:55 AM »
I would love to see more of Carolyn as a little girl.  We got a peek during the Leviathan period but it wasn't really her.  I'd love to know if she was as much of a trouble maker at 8 as she was in 66
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 03:11:41 AM »
i think a storyline covering the early teenage years of carolyn,maggie and vicki would be great.the backstories are probably fascinating.

I wrote a story once about Joe, Maggie, Carolyn, Buzz, Harry Johnson and the Jennings brothers when they were all teenagers together in high school.  It took place at the Halloween dance.  I love thinking about the characters lives BEFORE we met them.  ;)  I also wrote a story about Abigail as a teenager and Joshua as a young 20-something, newly married etc...and Barnabas and Jeremiah were just toddlers.  Fun stuff!   8)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 05:06:23 AM »
I suspect every generation's David Henesy grows up to be Louis Edmonds.   I just want to know what cult-like brainwashing technique or total-immersion accent camp is responsible for the retraining of every DH to speak with the mock English accent of a Louis E.   It must have served countless generations of Collinses over the centuries.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 07:49:02 PM »
I WAS a teenager when DS was on the air the first time around.  I don't think I would have found the show very interesting if the leads had been teenagers themselves.  I wanted the grown-up fantasy for entertainment.

As far as the characters being teenagers.....well, I think they had too many cheer-leaders and not enough biker-chicks.  How many hair-pulling contests between Vicki and Angelique could you stand?  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas