Author Topic: Interesting DS reference  (Read 399 times)

ClaudeNorth

Interesting DS reference
« on: September 30, 2005, 01:23:23 AM »
So, I've been doing an internship with an organization that puts together film festivals and one of my duties is to screen films that are submitted.  One of the films is called INTERVENTION.  At one point in the movie, a television is playing in the background while two characters are talking.  The television can be heard but not seen, and the show that happens to be playing is our very own DS!  I was rather stunned to hear the familiar opening theme, but as hard as I tried, I could barely make out the dialogue.  I did hear a woman say, "Mr. Collins.  What's wrong?  What's the matter?" so I'm thinking that it might have been a scene between Vicki and Roger.

To be honest, that snippet of DS was far more interesting than anything in the film...

No credit or acknowledgment was given to Dan Curtis Productions at the end of the film, so I'm guessing the filmmakers didn't secure the rights to use the audio.  I believe there is some sort of rule that you can use up to a certain numbers of seconds of a song without securing the rights, so perhaps the use of the DS audio clip was allowable under that rule.