Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0947  (Read 2032 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0947
« on: March 03, 2010, 12:19:21 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0947
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 05:59:08 AM »
Barnabas probably mumbles under his breath, "Damn, Jeb's alive!"   Ang is all ready to accept Sky's lame excuse for standing her up at the airport.   What does Richard Fairbanks and his grave have to do with Jeb collecting a bat?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 01:07:21 PM »
What does Richard Fairbanks and his grave have to do with Jeb collecting a bat?
I suppose the idea is that it takes an evil being to catch an evil being, though why Jeb himself wasn't sufficient evil being I don't know.  I do know that Richard Fairbanks was hanged in the year of the Boston Massacre and thereby missed out on the American Revolution, when he would have gotten lots of opportunities to kill people with impunity.  The other thing I was thinking as I watched that scene was that back in 1897 (but long after the Revolution), Carl Collins was jumping to an unwarranted conclusion when he assumed that the metamorphosis into a vampire of somebody whom he had known as an ordinary human being (pause here for breath) indicated that there must be another vampire around to cause the metamorphosis to happen.  But that's another storyline.  If Carl had lived during the Revolution I'll bet he would have wanted to be an undercover spy.

Angelique really shouldn't have expected Sky to believe her unbelievable story about the Leviathans.  Maybe he pretended some initial incredulity to keep up the pretense that he was just a down-to-earth business tycoon.  Either way, it was fun to see Barnabas's secret leaking out that way, flowing from one half of a married couple to the other.  How Diabolos must have laughed when Angelique fell for Sky!  Or had he planned it that way from the start?

It seems strange to see Angelique on the side of the good guys.  I was thinking that the other day, when she was talking to Barnabas about how evil the Leviathans were.  Imagine Angelique objecting to evil!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 06:20:33 AM »

2/10/70

Very good stunt for live television along with a good transformation as well!  The wolf versus Leviathan plotline worked very well especially in helping Barnabas hide his true feelings Jeb. 

Tell ‘em Angie!  Give Sky hell.  He gets on my last gay nerve anyway.  Did anyone spot the boom mic after Carolyn and B left?? 

Christopher Pennock did very well with his speech—only glancing at the prompter occasionally.  That bat is too funny!  LOL   I agree with Robin.  Chris was over the top at the end but he could have been on drugs that day as he has admitted to doing! I look for his pupils to be dilated all the time!  LOL
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:35:28 PM »
For the first time in years, I don't think the change in Angelique's clothes and hair is a continuity error.  If she really couldn't get back to the island until morning, it makes sense that she'd have the spend the time doing something.

And though her powers are dormant, the ep made it clear that she still possesses a sharp intuitiveness-- she sensed that Sky purposely drew her away from the house, and that something bad had occurred in her absence.  But with that in mind, how could she have been so wrong about her husband?  And btw, I bet Donald Trump doesn't spend even a fraction of the time on the phone that he does.  When Sky isn't placing or accepting calls, he's telling somebody about the calls.

Chris' cleaned-up look was really scary!  He looked better in a bloody shirt and messy hair.

Chris to Barnabas:  "Tell [Jeb] to make a clean job of it when the moon is full."
Apparently, Chris knows that killing a werewolf in human form turns him/her into the animal forever.  But if he knows, shouldn't Quentin have known too, and if so, why would he try to poison Chris?  The answer is probably that introducing the new detail was a mistake.

Jeb:  "So everything he told me this morning was a lie. That I thought he had saved my life."
Sky:  "Evidently, everything he told you was a lie."
Jeb:  "Yeah, everything."
C'mon, Chris P, focus on your lines.  [rleyeb]

Jeb:  "MORE, MORE, MORE!"
How do you like it?  How do you like it?
-or-
With a rebel yell...
(Sorry!)

What does Richard Fairbanks and his grave have to do with Jeb collecting a bat?

Because Jeb sought to employ Fairbanks' spirit to help make his incantation effective.  It's the same principal as collecting graveyard dirt for use in magic, good or bad.  In this case, the bat he called for was no ordinary bat-- it was summoned from hell.  (A bat out of hell, ha!)

Angelique really shouldn't have expected Sky to believe her unbelievable story about the Leviathans.  Maybe he pretended some initial incredulity to keep up the pretense that he was just a down-to-earth business tycoon.  Either way, it was fun to see Barnabas's secret leaking out that way.

Unfortunately, we saw neither, because Geoffrey Scott was apparently incapable of registering any emotion-- there wasn't a hint of emotional pain when he accused Angelique of keeping secrets, and when Angelique finally did start telling him about the Leviathan plan, she may as well have been talking to the walls because we got nothing.  What a waste of a good plot twist.

Chris was over the top at the end but he could have been on drugs that day as he has admitted to doing! I look for his pupils to be dilated all the time!  LOL

Though, as you'll see when you get to attend a Fest along with him, Pennock can be very animated and excitable on stage, especially while performing his autobiographical comics.  So, unless he has specifically said that he was on a drug high during that scene, we really can't know if he was.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 02:06:57 AM »
Yes I am pretty aware of how he can be! He is very animiated.  I know he has said that he had used before while taping Shadows that is why I said he could have been on them.  I wasn't saying he was on this particular episode.  Just  wondering?? [snow_huh]

:)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 04:58:51 AM »
Jeb:  "MORE, MORE, MORE!"
How do you like it?  How do you like it?
-or-
With a rebel yell...
(Sorry!)

No need to apologize because I always think those same things whenever I see that scene now. I thought I was the only one. Not only should I have known better, I should have known you would be someone who'd think it too.  [b003]

Geoffrey Scott was apparently incapable of registering any emotion-- there wasn't a hint of emotional pain when he accused Angelique of keeping secrets, and when Angelique finally did start telling him about the Leviathan plan, she may as well have been talking to the walls because we got nothing.  What a waste of a good plot twist.

It never fails to astound me that he was cast as Sky. I mean, if he was the best of the lot out of the actors who auditioned, how bad must all the others have been?! The mind truly boggles!!  [wow]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 05:07:00 AM »
Just  wondering??

Unfortunately, even just wondering can often take on a life of its own - and before you know it even mere speculation is getting spread around as fact. Such things have happened numerous times in fandom - and especially in online fandom. Sad, but true. So more often than not it's probably best not to wonder about such things out loud (or in print, as it were).  ;)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 05:36:21 AM »
I always think those same things whenever I see that scene now.

Yay!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 05:49:25 AM »
Drugs can calm you down, too.   Maybe he was at his most animated without them.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 06:58:28 AM »
Unfortunately, even just wondering can often take on a life of its own - and before you know it even mere speculation is getting spread around as fact. Such things have happened numerous times in fandom - and especially in online fandom. Sad, but true. So more often than not it's probably best not to wonder about such things out loud (or in print, as it were).  ;)

Okay......thanks for the heads up.  I do apologize. I know both moderators know me and I would never want to cause any hatefulness spread in fandom.  There is enough already.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 07:18:13 AM »
As MB said, it's best to not speculate about it.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »
Noted! :)