Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0627  (Read 3584 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0627
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0627
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 10:23:35 PM »
YAY!  A Grayson voiceover.  I know I am a Grayson nut, I am just completely enamoured with that woman.  :)  Has anyone noticed RD seems to fool with his neck collar a lot??  Lara is an amazing actress and I think she proved it in this episode!!  :)  I really loved Don's character lurking about in the outside.  He actually got wet.  I think this is the first time someone has actually gotten rained on in Collinsport since the early EPS!   LOL  How cool is it that the writers brought back the gorgeous and talented Don Briscoe as Tom's twin?  Great call there writers!!   This is the first time we hear Amy's name mentioned!  [milestone] GH screaming is always a glorious event.  I was cracking up when she saw Chris in the hospital.  I LOVE YOU GRAYSON HALL!!!  Chris is looking hot with his hair all wet and stuff~~SEXY!  The funny thing is Julia's hair is really dry.  I guess Julia had an umbrella.  In my opinion we are coming up on some of the best storylines DS ever offered especially in it's latter years.  GREAT shot of AM and GH on the landing. I have said it before but I think that Grayson and Alexandra's real life friendship shines through in their performances!  We are also seeing the storyline shift into DS greatest year in the ratings.  And to the storyline a lot of people consider the best DS ever offered.

LOVED Lara's performance as she summoned the devil!  She always had those wordy spells to call on the devil and she did it with great finesse!!

Sad..this is AM's last episode!   [ghost_sad]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:11:44 PM »
Actually, in this episode Amy is called "Molly".

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »
I think we're talking about the only episode with a scene with both Chris and Tom in it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:29:27 PM »
A typo on my part.  In my notes I have "Molly" but I guess because were we never heard that name again I missed it.  Thanks for the reminder.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Joy Collins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 12:44:14 AM »
GH screaming is always a glorious event.  I was cracking up when she saw Chris in the hospital.
"AHHH! TOM, NO!" Love it! [ghost_cheesy]

Oh, our very first Chris episode! I'm with you, Taeylor: I think we're coming up on some of the best storylines on the show, with
[spoiler]Chris mauling people, Quentin terrorizing the kids, and eventually into 1897. Great stuff![/spoiler]

I've often wondered how "Molly" became "Amy." At first I thought someone just misspoke, but it can't be that since both Joe and Chris clearly call her "Molly."

I can't help snickering at the irony in Chris' line: [spoiler]"Joe, there are no animals in this area that attack humans." [lghb][/spoiler]

I also love the conviction in Angelique's voice when she tells Adam that Eve "was an evil woman." Look who's talking... [ghost_tongue2]

I can't begin to explain how sad I am to see Alexandra Moltke go. [cryb]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 01:14:53 AM »
Bye Bye Alexandra.  And now what I consider the most horrifing experience on DS begins, but maybe it was Alexandra's was of getting revenge on her co-star.  I have to agree it was a great Grayson Hall moment when she sees Chris.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 02:11:41 AM »
What do think Alexandra did to get revenge on her costar??

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »
When Adam was asking himself, "What do I do now?" the answer seemed obvious to me: Get anger management therapy.

This episode made me think about what we don't see of Collinsport on the show.  Here's what we found out:

The parents of Chris, Tom, and Molly/Amy had died two years before.  That would make it 1966, the year in which the series began, and also the year in which Bill Malloy was killed.

Although Julia was busy with the Experiment and with Barnabas's victimization by Angelique, she still had time to get Molly/Amy to Windcliff.  And where was Molly/Amy staying between Tom's death and her removal to Windcliff?

Tom Jennings had friends named John Moody and Seth Parker whom we never saw.  Good old-fashioned names - I like them.  Which was their preferred gathering place - The Blue Whale or The Toolshed Bar and Grill?

By the way, Taeylor, just to set the record straight: Chris and Tom were not twins.  Chris was three years older than Tom.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
Lydia et al:

When accounting for time I think we have to take into account the fact that time didn't pass for months in the present-day storyline, while the viewers were seeing 1795.  I know we don't all agree on that.  Anyway, if we accept it as being 1968 during Casselique, perhaps what we saw as 1966 was really 1967.  I've never seen early DS, and don't know if they said what year it was back then.

Re Victoria's regeneration:  For the second time with this viewing, I've been struck by how the character of VW changes overnight when the actress changes, but believably.  The recasting caught Victoria at a pivotal moment in her life.   the very first scene with BD: she and Maggie are discussing Maggie's marriage plans, and VW is laying into Nick mercilessly.  Alright, my thought was, does she even know anything about Nick?   Apart from that knot though, this is the perfect moment for her to wake up and adjust to the obvious fact that the world around her is full of supernatural events, and that there's no going back, in her view of the world.

Up until then, she'd made a strange half-accommodation with having memories of 1795.   She half-believed it, but was in half-denial.   (You can't continue to live that way, you go nuts, I think.)  Her world-view was still generally the old "sensible" one, where what people on TV like to call "rational explanations" account for everything.   She was reluctant to step off the cliff into loony-land I'm sure, despite the overwhelming evidence of her eyes and ears.

Betsy Durkin is a new Victoria who's adjusted to all this, and who goes charging off into Halloweenland without a net, and without hesitation.   Her first act in office as New Vicki is to have a showdown with Nicholas Blair.   Someone tell me please, did BD ever utter "I don't understand"?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 04:25:01 PM »
Someone tell me please, did BD ever utter "I don't understand"?

LOL  Betsy's Vicki had her own twists on it, such as, "If only I could understand..." and "Why can't I understand...?"

But by this point in the story, it seems the only persons who understand are the children.  [ghost_wink]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 10:43:38 PM »
needless to say this episode was a bitter pill for me to swallow.

when i first got into the series i was unpleasantly surprised at the fervor with which some fans disliked vicki("simpering idiot" was a phrase i often encountered)but for me she was the heart of the show.

after this episode i either liked or disliked casually the rest of the program's run but i never loved it in quite the same way as i did during the moody,melancholy reign of (alexandra moltke's)victoria winters. [cryb]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 03:30:43 AM »
AM was great, but the character was not written well later on I think.  She thought so too.   The female characters in general needed to be shown as alert, engaged, and active in dealing with problems.   Instead, most just went passive and said why, oh why is all this happening? a lot.   

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 03:44:51 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on Tom I think I have the POM PRESS books ingrained in my brain!!  As the DS Companion was my first book I bought about DS.  So how do we know Chris is three years older?? I am just curious. I am not doubting you! ;)They sure looked like twins.  But so did Jeff and Ned! Right??   [ghost_grin]

The only ballsy lady was Julia Hoffman and Elizabeth (when the show first began) and even Victoria in the beginning!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 04:00:55 AM »
The show actually establishes that Chris is older. And Midnite once laid out the evidence here:
In ep #564 ...