Author Topic: Did David Henesy leave??  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Did David Henesy leave??
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:44:06 PM »
Well I have combed all threads and cannot seem to come up with anything.  I always noticed he was absent in the final months of the show and the last of 1840 and not in 1841 PT.  I thought there wasn't any story for him but seems like I heard someone say he left the show.  Wonder if they planned on recasting him if he indeed did leave!!! Could anyone shed some light on this.  You know for a kid who said he didn't enjoy acting he was HELLA good at it!!

I have been watching the begnnings and he has played David wonderfully.  I thought the '91 David was freaky.  [spoiler]GOOD LORD.  This David is scarier than any ghost, goblin or ghoul I ever watched on DS.  C R A Z Y!   [ghost_wacko][/spoiler]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Did David Henesy leave??
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 03:05:15 PM »
I wanted to post this and didn't realize it was too big.  I have been taking lots of screencaps I would like to share.  I hope it's okay to post it and doublepost.  I just love the way the shot is set with the actors all falling behind one another. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

David

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:51:25 PM »
Henesy did leave~~it was his choice.
That's why the Tad/Carrie mysteries were never resolved.

I wish they had recast~~Tad was a different character from David~~so that 1840 would have made a bit more sense!

David

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 05:06:41 PM »
If the show returned to the present time, they most likely would have had to recast David.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 06:46:36 PM »
Thanks so much for the information it is much appreciated!! :) 

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 10:34:48 PM »
If the show returned to the present time, they most likely would have had to recast David.

Maybe they could've had one of the Brady Bunch boys recast in the part (like the middle one, Peter [William Christopher, isn't it?] - well, why not? - he was about the same age and, besides, they cast Denise Nickerson to play one of his dates, so what's good for the goose is good for the gander).  While they were at it, since Clarice Blackburn had pretty much left DS, they could've asked Ann B. Davis (Alice) to reprise Mrs. Johnson.  Now, wouldn't that've been interesting?

Gerard

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 01:20:14 AM »
I seem to recall Henesy's mother saying at the 2002 Festival that the reason David left the show was because he wanted to live with his father (in California?) and attend a regular high school.

ProfStokes

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 04:50:48 AM »
had the series lasted into 1971 and beyond i wonder if they would have recast david or if perhaps the character had played itself out?

throughout 1970 they really struggled to keep the pubescent david a "child" with a nanny and a playroom and a dollhouse.

with kathryn leigh scott gone there would not have been that "gothic governess" angle any more either.i doubt they would have replaced that role.

at any rate at some point they would have had to address the fact that david was a teenager,not a child,and write for the character as such.perhaps they would have pulled that classic soap opera move of having him go "away to school" and then having the character return with a much older actor in the role.that opens up the storyline possibilities with the character a young adult.

kids i remember being born on the "young and the restless" are now older than i am.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 05:14:14 AM »
with kathryn leigh scott gone there would not have been that "gothic governess" angle any more either.i doubt they would have replaced that role.

Actually, it's my understanding that had DS continued beyond 1841PT, a new present-day Kate Jackson character was next in line for Collinwood's governess. Though whether or not she would have tutored David, Hallie, a new character or characters, or some combination thereof is anyone's guess...

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 08:29:57 AM »
There were so many unexplored  branches of the Collins family tree--one could always have found some kid from a Collins family in New York or some such (especially after that history-changing foray in 1840).

Or Roger could have married again.  He or Liz or even Carolyn might have adopted some child.  So might have Barnabas, for that matter (a reincarnation of Sarah?).

It was also possible, even likely, Quentin might have sired a son or daughter.  In fact, he could easily have a grandchild.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 12:46:42 PM »
MB...I just love all your insight!  I hadn't heard that one.  Did I mention I love the DSF??

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 01:09:21 PM »
(a reincarnation of Sarah?).
[spoiler]I refer you to the excellent fan fiction of Charles Delaware Troll for more on Sarah..... Just Google Charles Delaware Troll if you are interested.  He has written a fascinating "final year" of the series that introduces some new characters, some old favorites, and ties all the various hanging plot threads up in a wonderfully neat package...[/spoiler]  [ghost_grin]

It was also possible, even likely, Quentin might have sired a son or daughter.  In fact, he could easily have a grandchild.
[spoiler]Well, the Jennings boys are descendants of Quentin's through one of his children with Jenny, hence Chris' curse.  I don't know if the writers in the show ever had present day Quentin confront the fact that his curse passed on to Chris Jennings.  And I have not seen enough of 1897 yet to know if he is aware his curse will be inherited.  If so, I imagine he would be going to great lengths NOT to sire any progeny.  OTOH, I can just imagine immortal, irresponsible randy bad boy Quentin, leaving a trail of unwed mothers wherever he goes over the decades, all children that grow up to discover a startling change one full moon night ...  [ghost_shocked][/spoiler]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 01:35:08 PM »
I believe that Quentin's daugher survived infanthood and is the grandmother to the Jenning's boys.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 02:06:59 PM »
mysterious...

as soon as i had posted this i remembered daphne.if she had stayed on as governess into 1971 and beyond i definitely think a new child or children would have had to be introduced at collinwood.david and hallie were already pushing it in 1970 and a year or so later it would have been preposterous.

kathy cody(as carrie)even acknowledges this during the 1840 storyline.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 03:17:47 PM »
Instead of taking up more space with a new thread I wanted to ask what MYSTERIOUS knew about Dan possibly turning DS over to someone else.  I think it is reported in Grayson's Biography that ABC and he had thought about turning the show over to other producers.  Was this all talked about before the final "Nail' was hammered in the coffin?  Do you think ABC may have let the show continue if new blood were brought in to try and bring up the ratings.  Anyone know anything about this??  :) Thanks in advance!