Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0563  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0563
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 12:25:32 AM »
While I can certainly understand the actors frustrations. I totally agree with you mscbryk. :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 03:26:24 AM »
[spoiler]JC, has some very interesting scenes coming up. He will be able to spread his wings and fly. [/spoiler]

Without the normal guys could have we related to the show? They did keep it from going over the deep end.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 10:12:29 AM »
[spoiler]JC, has some very interesting scenes coming up. He will be able to spread his wings and fly. [/spoiler]

Without the normal guys could have we related to the show? They did keep it from going over the deep end.

Not very interesting work for an actor, though, just being steady and nice and reliable.   Nothing to sink your teeth into there, really.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 03:32:30 PM »
none the less that's who they were hired to play.

joel and company were not cast as villians.they were hired to play the "nice guys" in this tale.

they knew that going in.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 04:58:40 PM »
True - but the acting challenge of keeping things fresh is sure to wear thin over the years, which leads me to think that Crothers' and especially Moltke's attitudes were perfectly understandable given the material they were more often given to play as Joe and Vicki. And it's interesting that their situations are pretty much the opposite of one another because Moltke had her most dynamic material as Vicki in the beginning when Art Wallace was still around (and no doubt looking out for the character that was central to his vision), whereas Crothers' material more often made Joe seem dull as dishwater until he became involved with VampAng and was subsequently sent spiraling downward even more by discovering the truth about Chris.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »
Very good point you made MB :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/